MP decides to rewind movie and timeshift at random (1 Viewer)

oxb

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Hi
The strangest thing started to happen to me with MP 1.0.0.0. tv server single seat setup.
If im watching live tv or a movie at random time intervals MP rewinds/ skips forward :confused:
Im not having this problem when i play music (maybe because the songs are to short to have the problem)
Anyone having the same problem?

I did not change anything and before everything was fine.
I even installed a system backup i had made when everything ran fine?
To my knowlidge there is no ir interferance my laptop is in the same room but i doubt its sending because i disabled the ir.

:D Oxb

oxb

Portal Member
February 9, 2008
Eeuh dont know how to, do i put mediaportal watchdog in debug mode or something?
And if so do i have to watch tv or a movie and wait for the problem to present itself?
Thanx for youre reply.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Under start menu, within the mediaportal folder there is debug mode, run this, follow the 3 steps and upload the logs with the forums advanced + feature.

:)

oxb

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Ok I wil do that tomorrow , girlfriend wants me to go to bed.
    Thanx for the info so far.
    Greetz Oxb

oxb

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    Here are my logs of the event skipping auto rewind.(and commercial freeze)
    Another problem occured while watching live tv sometimes when a commercial is started tv freezes, this happens only when a commercial is started.

Any help wouldt be greatly appriciated.
    Oxb

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Might well be codec related, just nothing jumps out in logs.

Worthwhile trying PowerDVD8 trial for mpeg2 codecs and either latest FFDShow or use the SAF filters found here instead.

Channel changes or adverts may invoke new codecs, so try to use the best ones that exist, even though I use PowerDVD for mpeg2 and MPC codec for h.264\MP4\dx50, still prefer ffdshow for all round audio performance.

And just to be safe, make sure there are no errors in your codecs run filmerit (link in sig)

oxb

Portal Member
    February 9, 2008
    well i think i found the culprit in skipping/rewinding, i just rememberd installing a new wireless usb mouse.
    I am watching a movie now with th mouse disconnected and so far no skipping :confused:
    Seems that the mouse gave some interferance by scrolling or something when not in use.

Still leaves me with the freezes when commercials start, but i will try to run filmerit and see if everything is ok.
    BTW i am using mainconcept for mpeg2 decoding shouldt be ok right?

:D again for the help.
    Oxb

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have a random skip back when my wireless keyboard/mouse was attached.

Don't ask why, but when they are not attached, it works fine. Probably to less power in devices ...

edit:
    hey, nearly submitted in same second with the same idea :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Yep that happens, just have not seen it in a while.

My favourite was the microwave in the house full of students, every time it was turned on the pc started inputting random keypresses, now that was a toughie to pinpoint (affecting wireless keyboard).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom