MP Experience (1 Viewer)

cryoplasm

Portal Member
December 30, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MP needs to improve on two very basic issues. I understand these will be implemented in the forthcoming version 2. So consider this a reminder if anything.

To iterate, the two issues are basic but vital to improve the experience of MP on a fundamental level. These before anything else, certainly before adding any more new feartures to MP.

1. MP needs the ability to switch from Window to FS without interupting Live video/TV which is already playing. This also applies to uninterupting the Timeshift buffer.

2. The video/picture playback quality needs improving. The playback is not as smooth as it could/should be. This adds to the whole experience issue.

There is obviously a significant deisgn flaw in MP's graphics engine which needs addressing.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    Constructive criticism is always welcome - esp. when done right ;) (I'll move the thread to a more suited place, though).

I know that a lot of energy and "dev power" is used to get even better video playback, and I guess tourette might say something on that matter....

Regarding suggestion 1, I can't see the importance of this, as I believe that MP is designed to be a "fullscreen application", but we all have our needs and wishes :)

EDIT: Moved :) Please consider reading: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...uggestion-template-inside-2006-12-02-a-13423/

cryoplasm

Portal Member
    December 30, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Indeed, constructive criticism will make for a better product.

Suggest 1 does matter. After all, MP is a computer application. One might want to watch TV whilst doing other work on the system. Then maybe switch again to FS later and then Windowed mode later. I really can't see a problem why 1 can't be implemented. All other mediacentres manage it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom