MP files recorded on Win 10 PC not viewable from home theatre (1 Viewer)

Bob Soderholm

Portal Member
September 7, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've recorded programs off the air with MP to my Win 10 PC and can view the files just fine on my PC. However I am unable to view them from my home theatre setup using a Sony BDP S5100 player. I cannot view files previously recorded using Win 7 Media Center either. I can see these files from the HT but get an error message "file corrupted or not supported" when I try to play them. For some reason I can't see the MP files that I've recorded from my HT setup. The Win 10 techs say it's a player issue and the Sony forum says they are investigating the issue and suggest I go back to Win 7. Does anyone have any thoughts or recommendations?

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    Not suprise you can't view WMC files since they have specific format but Mediaportal is recording in common .ts format but I don't see it in supported formats either http://www.sony-asia.com/product/bdp-s5100
    I'd recommend to rename Mediaportal recording to .mpeg, .mpg or.m2ts and try again.

Penbrock2

Portal Member
    December 18, 2014
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    One other option is to install MCEbuddy. It automatically converts the .TS (and .WTV from WMC) to MP4 and can strip commercials.

I have used it for years and it works great

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom