MP gets rating from MediaMonkey managed MP3s! (1 Viewer)

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
I just discovered one very cool thing and want to share it: I switched from iTunes to MediaMonkey because it's much, much better for managing large libraries.

In MediaMonkey I can give 0 to 5 star rating like in iTunes. But: MediaMonkey somehow saves that rating in the MP3 file itself and MediaPortal reads it from there!

Finally I can use the rating stuff in MediaPortal - excellent!

JulianBuss

Portal Pro
November 14, 2004
a wise choice :)

One question came to my mind: when changing the rating in Mediaportal it's currently not saved back into the mp3, so Mediamonkey (and with it the iPod) is not aware of the change. What do you think about that?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    yes true.
    Currently we don't do any updates back to mp3.

this may change in the future, but currently the tagreader is one way only,

dranach

July 12, 2007
    Home Country
    Belgium Belgium
    I just discovered one very cool thing and want to share it: I switched from iTunes to MediaMonkey because it's much, much better for managing large libraries.

In MediaMonkey I can give 0 to 5 star rating like in iTunes. But: MediaMonkey somehow saves that rating in the MP3 file itself and MediaPortal reads it from there!

Finally I can use the rating stuff in MediaPortal - excellent!
    Hi

I agree with JulianBuss; I am using mediamonkey now for several years, and am very happy about it for all the features it has and the speed in working with large libraries. And it's free for the basic features.

I would also welcome any development in MediaPortal which brings these two outstanding applications closer together!

Toni

Erazor2

Portal Member
    September 6, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

sorry to pull up such an old thread, but does this still work?
    I switched to Media Monkey some months ago, but i can't get the ratings into the Mediaportal MusicDB.
    Can anyone tell me if this still works? Or how I can get it to work?

Jerome

rtv

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 7, 2005
    Osnabruck
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    1. MediaMonkey writes rating to your MP3 files
    2. Scan your share with MediaPortal (or enable the sharewatcher)
    3. Use rating based views or look at your rating e.g. on the Playing Now screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom