MP halting after MyLyrics enabled (1 Viewer)

bennyy

Portal Member
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
I have configured and loaded lyrics from the plugins section of the configuration tool - all that went well.
Now I run MP and it gets stuck at "Starting plugins...".
If I go to the configuration and disable Mylyrics it works again.

Any suggestions... I am eager to see the Mylyrics at work.

Vista
MP 1.1.0
Mylyrics 1.34
6000 titles

Thansk
Benny

bennyy

Portal Member
October 21, 2006
Home Country
Israel Israel
I am new here (Using Media Portal for quite a while - well over a year now) but new at asking questions :) I appreciate you bearing with me.
Here are the logs...
When looking for the logs I thought to clear the cache and try again... did that but no results... now it got haulted at "input devices..."
So here are the logs as I grabbed them.
oh and my MP version is 1.0.1 not as I mentioned before.

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Make sure you are in advanced mode when you reply and then use the + button.
    Also see the link in my signature for some screenshots.

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi bennyy,
    Please make sure that both the lyricsengine.dll and mylyrics.dll has been copied correctly into your directories. It sounds like you might haven't copied lyricsengine.dll into the MP base directory. Please check this.

bennyy

Portal Member
    October 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Israel Israel
    Resolved

I realized my Configuration of MyLyrics was crashing as well. Like mentioned in another thead. I did not find a solution in that thread but given that everyone says "it works" then I thought what could be wrong specifically in my system and others that experience this problem.

So... My music database was not updated (the automatic update was not checked) given it was not updated there were many discrepancies between the database and the actual files on my disk. I deleted the music and lyrics databases, recreated my music database, then went to Mylyrics, did the search - no crash. And tadaaam - MP works fine.

Suggestions for MyLyrics:
    1) the configuration GUI does not have a "ok" "done" "close" button - I needed to close it with alt-F4
    2) Within MP, it would be great that the lyrics appear within the MP Music section and not have to go out to the lyrics program.
    3) Scrolling - either have the option to automatically "fit lyrics to one page" or automatically scroll. say 1/3 of the music time is over then scroll another 1/3 of the lyrics.
    4) Hebrew... some minimal hebrew lyrics were found and do display very fine. I would love to see more lyrics in hebrew found "lyricsplugin" at Lyrics Plugin finds many more.
    5) also about the display, displaying the lyrics' text centered looks much better.

:DBenny

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Glad to hear that you worked out your problem. :) I'll seen a few have problem with their music database, and the deletion of it helped them too.

Thanks for the list of suggestion.
    1) You should find a 'Close' button in the lower right corner of the configuration screen. If not please attach a screenshot and also note which OS you are using.
    2) Yup, the most asked feature! Unfortunately the plugin cannot force its way to the MyMusic screens. But many skins e.g. StreamedMP have a shortcut to MyLyrics which works quite well.
    3) I don't believe that calculations of lyric length contra song length illustrated in a scrolling control is the way to go. Their are so many genres and styles which should have their own algorithm for this method to work. Instead I prefer the static views or even better LRC's! The more users that uses the LRC editor inside MyLyrics to turn plain lyrics into a karaokee style text (or other Internet-connected tools), the greater the amount of LRCs will be offered to MP users.
    4) I believe yoavain know of a WinAmp plugin were you manually could add lyrics to lyricsplugin.com. Here you can contribute as well.
    5) I like the left alignment the best. But actually it is not me to decide. Again the skin developers have the last word as the set up the properties of the screen content.

cheers,
    mackey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom