MP Insert DVD - Copies multiple "Insert DVD" Videos for Non Ripped DVDs (1 Viewer)

ZippyRainbow

Portal Member
January 13, 2011
Home Country
Preface:
After looking for a simple program to create a simple "Insert DVD" Video and import it into your Moving Pictures Database, so that you can keep a record of the Movies you have on DVD, but haven't had a chance to Rip them yet.

Purpose:
1. To Setup your Moving Pictures Database with all your Movies on HD, DVD, BLur-Ray
2. Without having to Rip all your DVD/BluRays to your Hard Disk.
3. Import Listing of DVD & Blu-Rays which you own and which you have not ripped.
4. Allow for your Own Video for the "Insert Video" File.

Features: (1.0.0.6) (Beta)
1. Select your own "Insert DVD" Video File, I have included one which I have found on the forums.
2. Select the "Destination Folder" where all the Video Files will be copied to.
3. Optional import a CSV File of Title and Year to create your list quickly, if you have already have a list of your DVDs you have created in the past. It just simply needs these two columns in the CSV File, but it can import from a CSV File which has more columns.
4. Optional to Overwrite the Existing "Insert DVD" Videos if you have created a new version of the Video.
5. Enter File DVD Titles on the Fly.
6. Able to Save your List back to a CSV File.
7. A CSV File will be created each time you create your Video Files as a Backup in the Application Directory.

Output Format
"Selected Video Output Directory"\Title (Year Made).EXT
Where the EXT is the Original Video File's File Extension

MPInsertDVD.png

Future Thoughts:
1. Check Moving Pictures to see if the Movie already has been Imported, or Exists.. and not skip these files.
2. Allow for an option to indicate "Where?" is your DVD in the Collection.. Eg 3rd Shelf, or Second Draw.. and Create Customised Video Files to Let you know where to find the Movie.

I haven't done that much testing of it yet.. But I would like to get it to install as a MediaPortal Plugin instead of a separate Program.. But I am having difficulties doing this at the moment.

I have just uploaded a raw VB.Net Project with the Source Code.. If anyone wants to make any suggestions/improvements.

Cheers
Paul

Attachments

• MPInsertDVD 1.0.0.7.zip
    1.6 MB
  • MPInsertDVD VB.Net Project Source Code 1.0.0.7.zip
    2.1 MB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom