Mp is installed, but questions... (1 Viewer)

speedway

Portal Member
August 26, 2006
Riverstone, NSW
Home Country
Howdy all

I now have a running MP system however I have a few questions. I am coming from a MythTV machine on Fedora Core 4 Linux so some of this Windows stuff is a bit confusing. My version is the latest 2.0.0 with the most recent stable patch .4 I think.

Firstly, I have 3 DVB-T cards in the machine. They seem to be all working and I can record 3 programs at once, even though I did not put in the dvbfix. I did make a slipstreamed version of XP with a whole bunch of updates and SP2 so it must have been already included.

Anyway, I was just wondering what this GraphEdit thingie is I keep reading about and do I need to do anything with it? My 3 cards are: Compro DVB-T300, KWorld DVB-T220 and a DNTV Live! Pro.

I also tried to add a new skin but MP won't show it as available. It is the RealMP skin and I copied it to the skins directory under Mediaportal. What did I do wrong?

How do I delete a recording manually? Can't seem to find that one....

Ok, that it for now I think, but I am sure to have a few more as I get used to MP...

Cheers
Bruce

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I was just wondering what this GraphEdit thingie is

you do not need if cards working.

I also tried to add a new skin but MP won't show it as available

if all the files are in a folder named RealMP then should show as a choice, make sure there is not a folder within a folder.

How do I delete a recording manually

well on my MCE remote i would highlight file, Press i (more) scroll down to option delete and press ok. keyboard highlight and delete.

speedway

Portal Member
    August 26, 2006
    Riverstone, NSW
    Home Country
    Thanks for that.

if all the files are in a folder named RealMP then should show as a choice, make sure there is not a folder within a folder.
    Still problems with the skin. I checked and the folder is under Skins, along with MCE, BlueTwo etc but will not show. The directory contains 2 sub dirs - fonts & Media along with a whole bunch of xml files. MP will *not* show it in either the config app or the main app.

Cheers
    Bruce

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    there are a couple of XML files that are needed for the settings. I'm at work and can't remember these at the moment, but maybe you are missing a few XML's. Can you download the files again, just in case?

speedway

Portal Member
    August 26, 2006
    Riverstone, NSW
    Home Country
    there are a couple of XML files that are needed for the settings. I'm at work and can't remember these at the moment, but maybe you are missing a few XML's. Can you download the files again, just in case?
    Ahhh, OK. I'll download again and see what happens. I grabbed the original file from here so hopefully it contains everything that is needed.

Cheers
    Bruce

speedway

Portal Member
    August 26, 2006
    Riverstone, NSW
    Home Country
    Bingo! Seems the original RealMP download stopped short but the .rar file could still be opened. Downloaded again and it was 2Mb bigger. Loaded up fine....although I prefer BlueTwo at this point. Still, the exercise gave me some knowledge which can only be a good thing :)

Cheers
    Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom