MP needs its own Internal Volume Control (1 Viewer)

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    As the title says.

It was OK to have used the volume control from the OS either main or wave but realisticly MP should have progresssed to have its own internal volume control.

Then each MP section could also have volume memory; music files don't always have the same gain as movies and dvds and Tv etc.

It would also make it easier to control digital outputs which don't always have a variable output from the OS volume control.

samuel337

Portal Pro
    August 25, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    MP actually does for most parts, e.g. when you use My Music, the BASS player that MP uses has its own volume control inbuilt, but its not used (e.g. set at 99 all the time). I still don't get the point of having it though.

Volume memory can work regardless of whether it has its own volume control or not.

Sam

SciDoctor

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 2, 2005
    England
    Ok i can see the probable BUG within MP that is the route cause of the request.

The VOLUME control mapping isn't being dynamicaly changed to the mixer of the correct audio renderer chosen.

In a mutli audio device config the OS has different mixer control maps for each device and independant 'wave' outputs to control.

Even though the path of the chosen device is correct when selected either within MP or the OS audio settings (ie you hear the sound from the correct output device) the volume control isn't being sent to the correct mixer of the devices audio control panel.

I have two audio devices in my PC; Yamaha pci sound card and a USB digital device.

No matter how I configure the devices within MP or the OS audio controls the MP volume is always mapped to the Yamaha pci device mixer and not the misxer for the USB audio.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom