MP Playback Freezes When Unpausing from Minimized Screen (1 Viewer)

loopery

Portal Member
September 26, 2015
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've noticed this issue since MP 1.19. When I'm watching live TV / recording / video, if I mini-view MP (alt-enter) --> pause playback --> move the screen around --> un-pause -- the video freezes, but the audio continues to play. The only fix is to stop playback (b key), and restarting whatever I was watching.

Anyone else experiencing this issue? Any fixes yet?

Sreen capture:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Can you upload watchdog log in debug mode?
    I have maybe an idea but need to reproducing first.
    Thanks

Tapatalk

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    upload_2019-7-7_16-40-7.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different pieces of software that claimed to do like you said: keeping the DA-convertors "alive" by sending a non-audible signal periodically. Turned out this was NOT the thing happening in my AV-receiver. While...
    Thanks @CyberSimian! I delved deeper into this issue and especially the "Silent Stream Bug" you mentioned. I downloaded different...
    I'm having a strange one here ... it seems to have started after getting a new Sony 4k TV, and manifests itself by refusing to...
    Replies
    Views
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated earlier. I deleted all partitions (after taking the respective images, of course), then used Partition Master to do a surface scan, on the raw drive. As it came back with zero bad clusters, I thought it...
    Thanks for all the assistance; it is greatly appreciated. Rather than going the suggested route: I decided to do was I had stated...
    This is a continuation of this thread. As I have discovered the actual (most likely) cause, I have posted to the relevant forum...
    Replies
    Views
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen it more rarely than OP... i'll try some more testing using DRR, i usually switch between 50Hz p, for 25fps (dvb-t FTA ) content to 23.976 Hz for 23.976fps content, then back to 50Hz...
    interesting...i use DRR in MP + Win 7, though i must admit i haven't watch much content lately using DRR. Might explain why i seen...
    I fully realize that this is probably not the correct place, or a correct bugreport, but since a while (maybe a month?) I have some...
    Replies
    Views
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me over the edge for sure.;)
    It is looking and working very well now and I am almost at the point of switching my HTPC to MP2, madvr would definitely push me...
    We are proud to present MediaPortal 2.3 MediaPortal 2.3 is a full-blown media center software that addresses the most common user...
    Replies
    Views
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to do !!! So this is not good! That's good news, you have found a lead that can trigger the issue. It's needed to analyze this, it seems that this option is disabled on my HTPC, but need to confirm it :)
    Sorry, I'm busy at work the week (and most often the weekend) and even work on the weekend or late, I didn't finish what I have to...
    I have only noticed this problem since updating to MP 1.21 Final, on resume from sleep I do not get any sound when navigating (and...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom