MP RC3 & WIN7 Audio problem (1 Viewer)

Bakafish

May 22, 2010
Home Country
South Africa South Africa
Hi guys

Im relatively new to Media portal and by no means a technical person,so bear with me. On that note..My problem is as follows.

Ive recently installed MP RC3 on Win7 and play all my videos with Moving Pictures and MP TV Series, I have no issues at all with video playback using the internal player, be it DivX/XviD/,720.1080 all plays perfectly fine. My problems occurs with audio playback.

Im Using a PCI 5.1 sound card with 5.1 surround sound pc speakers.
When playing video the audio playback is Dampened\soft. No Sync Issues just Awfully soft! The Sound effects are loud but any speech is soft. i have to crank the volume to max, when there is a sound effect like and explosion then it deafens me! Some videos play perfectly fine.... 90% with dampened audio though.In fact all my HD movies has this problem. I followed the media portal codec guide for codec install.

When switching to an external player (VLC) their are no audio problems. The problem with VLC..i have choppy 1080p playback.

I have however noticed that Win7 launches its own Volume mixer for MP, Ie i cannot control Master Volume within MP. I'm not sure if this could be a problem. I have attached screen shots of my codec setup.

Any help will be appreciated.... Im stumped

Attachments

• Codecs.jpg
    Codecs.jpg
    62.8 KB
  • Post Processing.jpg
    Post Processing.jpg
    55.5 KB
  • MP.jpg
    MP.jpg
    105.2 KB

geov

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 1, 2006
    Cape Town
    Home Country
    Welcome...

Sound problems are usually related to configurations not matching up... For example, ffdshow is configured for stereo but your windows-7 is configured as 5.1 For example in a 5.1 set-up the centre-speaker would usually output "voice", and the other speakers should give the rest of the audio. So first make sure that all the configurations match up. Then second, you might need to configure ffdshow properly...the difference between VLC and MP is that VLC uses its own internal codec, where as MP will use the codec you configure. Your problem might just require you to boost the centre-speaker volume in ffdshow, but it can also be that you have to up-mix stereo to 5.1 so that all your speakers are used.... Is there a reason why you have changed the Audio-Renderer settings? This setting is usually left to "default" because changing it could result in some nasty audio problems (like sync issues..etc)

Bakafish

May 22, 2010
    Home Country
    Thanks Geov, it was indeed a configuration mismatch:rolleyes: Win7 was set to stereo and ffdshow 5.1, I also played around with ffdshow mixer and boosted the center speaker volume...works perfectly now:D

Much Appreciated:D:D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom