MP Running in Slow Motion (1 Viewer)

David Abineri

Portal Pro
July 19, 2011
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I had a computer crash and had to reinstall everything after reinstalling Windows7.
1. MP is recording at about 0.8 speed showing everything in slow motion.
2. There is no audio, perhaps because of the speed issue.
3. My previous recordings were save on another drive, is there a way to retrieve them into the database so that they may be viewed?

Many thanks for any help on this, log attached.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    1. MP is recording at about 0.8 speed showing everything in slow motion.
    2. There is no audio, perhaps because of the speed issue.
    MP can't record at anything other than full (1.0) speed. Both of these are probably an indication that your configuration is incomplete or incorrect. For example, I can see:
    1. You haven't configured codec settings. This is one of the first things you should do after installing MP.
    2. You've configured MP to use RTSP even though TV Server is installed on the same PC (ie. enabled the "force RTSP usage" option). This is not recommended... at all (!!!).
    3. Some or all of your channels are configured to use the Colossus' S-Video video source and HDMI audio source. This is inconsistent and obviously wrong. Either you're using HDMI or you're not. If you are, the video source should be HDMI; if you're not, the audio source should not be HDMI.

My previous recordings were save on another drive, is there a way to retrieve them into the database so that they may be viewed?
    If you kept the XML files (which contain the recording information) then you can import them via TV Server's database import function:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...er_Configuration/07_Recording#Database_import

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, MM. I uninstalled and installed 1.13 this time. Went through all the settings, made my best guess at the codecs for TV and cannot get the TV to turn on in MP.
    1. My sound and graphics card is a Radeon,Sapphire ATI Catalyst. Does tis help in telling what the TV and audio codecs might be?
    2. In version 1.12 and previously, there were choices for SKIP on the remote whereby you could designate how many seconds to skip forward or backward. Can you tell me where these choices are in 1.13?

Attached is a new log file in the hope that it will help. Many thanks, Dave

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Thanks, MM. I uninstalled and installed 1.13 this time. Went through all the settings, made my best guess at the codecs for TV and cannot get the TY to turn on in MP[DOUBLEPOST=1451250282][/DOUBLEPOST]MM, I have the TV coming on in MP and I found the SKIP options although it is not clear which are up=down and which are left-right as it was in 1.12.

Still no sound and video seems to be slightly slow. Hope you can head me in the right direction besed on previously sent log.

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay Dave, let's recap.

You haven't configured codec settings. This is one of the first things you should do after installing MP.
    I can see that you've done this now - good. (y)
    Probably the "LAV" option for all would have been a fine choice, regardless of which video/graphics card you have.

You've configured MP to use RTSP even though TV Server is installed on the same PC (ie. enabled the "force RTSP usage" option). This is not recommended... at all (!!!).
    I can see that you've fixed this - good. (y)

Some or all of your channels are configured to use the Colossus' S-Video video source and HDMI audio source. This is inconsistent and obviously wrong. Either you're using HDMI or you're not. If you are, the video source should be HDMI; if you're not, the audio source should not be HDMI.
    You have not fixed this, and this is the reason why TV is not turning on and/or you have sound/video problems.
    If you want TV to work then you must configure your channels [in TV Server - nothing to do with MediaPortal, codecs etc.] correctly.

My sound and graphics card is a Radeon,Sapphire ATI Catalyst. Does tis help in telling what the TV and audio codecs might be?
    As above: no.
    Choice of codec is a personal preference. "Sound and graphics card" need not have any bearing on the choice.
    For a basic setup just choose the LAV ones.

In version 1.12 and previously, there were choices for SKIP on the remote whereby you could designate how many seconds to skip forward or backward. Can you tell me where these choices are in 1.13?
    Nothing has changed between 1.12 and 1.13 in relation to skip steps.

...I found the SKIP options although it is not clear which are up=down and which are left-right as it was in 1.12.
    The top part in MediaPortal Configuration says "skip steps (left / right)" and the bottom part says "immediate skip steps (up / down)".
    I don't know how it could be more clear than that.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...diaPortal_Configuration/13_GUI/7_Skip_Steps_*

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    MM, Thank you again.

1. How do I change the channels from S-Video? I do not recollect identifying them as S-Video.
    2. The Skip Steps is now within the program in 1.13 and I do not see any reference to left/right, up/down as there was previously in the TV Config.???

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I do not recollect identifying them as S-Video.
    As I recall, you are using the SchedulesDirect plugin. Therefore you would have identified the channels as S-Video in TV Server Configuration -> Plugins -> Schedules Direct -> Advanced Options tab -> "External video input for new channels" setting. The setting may be correct now, but it was not correct when the SD plugin created your channels for you. Correcting the setting has no effect unless you also delete all your channels and allow the SD plugin to recreate them. If you delete all your channels then some/all of your recording schedules may also be deleted.

How do I change the channels from S-Video?
    1. Open TV Server Configuration.
    2. Go to the "TV Channels" section.
    3. Select any channel and click "edit". You should now be looking at a dialog that looks like something like this.
    4. Select the tuning detail in the bottom area and click "edit". You should now be looking at a dialog that looks something like this.
    5. Correct the video and audio source settings according to the mapping information in the first post of the Colossus/HD-PVR support thread.
    6. Click OK and OK again to save.
    7. Repeat for all channels.

The Skip Steps is now within the program in 1.13 and I do not see any reference to left/right, up/down as there was previously in the TV Config.???
    <sigh>
    Dave, the skip step settings are MediaPortal settings. You'll never find them in TV Server Configuration.
    They've been available in MediaPortal Configuration and within MediaPortal since approximately MP 1.6.

For MediaPortal Configuration
    As it says in the wiki (manual): if you want to view/change the skip settings in MediaPortal Configuration then you need to enable "expert mode" (top right hand corner - "switch to expert mode"). Then the settings will be available under GUI -> Skip steps.
    ...and you should clearly see the "skip steps (left / right)" and "immediate skip steps (up / down)" labels.

For settings within MediaPortal
    The screenshot of the settings within MediaPortal in the wiki clearly shows "skip steps (left / right)" as well.

Again, I don't understand how any of this is not clear. Nothing related to skip steps has changed in MP 1.13 (and for a long long time before that).

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    MM, You did it again! All is working now.

First, I had indicated that I was to be an expert user and not to ask again but that information was lost so I did not notice that I was not in expert mode in MP Config. And, when starting up 1.13 there was a Settings option that I had not seen or used in previous versions so I assumed that this was a change in 1.13.

The attached pic is what prompted by left/right. up/down question as I see no reference to these ideas on this screen within MP. What is the answer when setting these here?

Under Schedules Direct/Advanced, what should the pull down choices be if one clicks Automatically Add New Cable Channels? Searched the Wiki but not much luck for SD.

After I deleted all the channels, was the correct procedure to tell SD to load the channels when TV service is started and then stopping and starting the TV Service under Manual in order to reload the channels?

I hope you can answer these and I will try to avoid asking any more questions. Many thanks, Dave

Attachments

• mp1.PNG
      mp1.PNG
      173.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    MM, You did it again! All is working now.
    :)

The attached pic is what prompted by left/right. up/down question as I see no reference to these ideas on this screen within MP.
    That's probably because the left/right and up/down keys are configurable, not fixed. You'd be better to think of regular and "immediate" rather than left/right and up/down.

What is the answer when setting these here?
    The manual (wiki) page that I already linked answers this question.
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_.../Settings/2_GUI_Settings/7_Skip_Step_Settings
    While playing a video, movie, recorded TV program or time-shifted TV program you can skip back and forward, by default with the left and right cursor keys. By pressing these keys several times, you can skip with larger steps. In this screen you can specify which step sizes are available.
    Skip Type
    These settings affect 'immediate' skip steps which you can usually perform using the up/down arrows while playing a video.

...and it's exactly as you might guess from comparing with MP Configuration. "Skip type" and "skip value" are for immediate (up/down) skip steps; everything else is for regular (left/right) skip steps.

FWIW, note the "...(left / right)" in my screenshot:
    [collapse]
    upload_2015-12-28_16-27-37.png

[/collapse]

Under Schedules Direct/Advanced, what should the pull down choices be if one clicks Automatically Add New Cable Channels?
    The choices entirely depend on which tuner/capture card(s) are involved and which inputs on the card(s) are being used.
    In other words: there's no one right answer, and everybody has to figure it out for themselves.

Since you have a Colossus, you have the information in the first post of the Colossus and HD-PVR support thread to help you.
    [collapse]Inputs:

We recommend that you configure all channels with the correct video and audio inputs. If using the SchedulesDirect plugin to create your channels (recommended), that means you should set the video and audio inputs on the "advanced" tab.

Colossus:

pin 0 = Video_SerialDigital = HDMI #1 = HDMI video (note that you need MP 1.2.0rc or better for this to work)
    etc. etc. etc.[/collapse]

Searched the Wiki but not much luck for SD.
    We don't provide documentation for 3rd party plugins in our wiki. It's the plugin author's responsibility to provide this.

After I deleted all the channels, was the correct procedure to tell SD to load the channels when TV service is started and then stopping and starting the TV Service under Manual in order to reload the channels?
    The procedure you described is indeed the correct procedure for getting the SD plugin to reload channels. However, to be very clear: I never instructed or recommended to delete your channels. That part of my response was an explanation of why/how you got yourself into this mess. The other step by step instructions for editing each channel was the procedure I was expecting you to follow.

Regards,
    mm

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    MM, two further questions unfortunately.

1.I do not seem able to get more than about a day of my EPG to load. I have checked with SD and they indicate no problems on their end. In TV Server Config I check the box to load the next time TV Server starts then go to Manual Control and Stop and then Start the TV Server and nothing new is loaded into the EPG and the box is still checked (seems to me it unchecked itself previously when it had reloaded the EPG). I have also restarted the computer many times to try to get it to load. Can you suggest other options I might try to get this service up and running again? As I was working on all the previous issues, there were times when I had a 2 week EPG loaded.

2. When I use the UP control to skip, it now puts me onto the control bar at the top of the screen (Mouse control? Forward, Back, Stop etc) and will not then Skip as it should. This never happened with 1.12? Any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks again, Dave (log attached)[DOUBLEPOST=1451336051][/DOUBLEPOST]MM, two further questions unfortunately.

1.I do not seem able to get more than about a day of my EPG to load. I have checked with SD and they indicate no problems on their end. In TV Server Config I check the box to load the next time TV Server starts then go to Manual Control and Stop and then Start the TV Server and nothing new is loaded into the EPG and the box is still checked (seems to me it unchecked itself previously when it had reloaded the EPG). I have also restarted the computer many times to try to get it to load. Can you suggest other options I might try to get this service up and running again? As I was working on all the previous issues, there were times when I had a 2 week EPG loaded.

2. When I use the UP control to skip, it now puts me onto the control bar at the top of the screen (Mouse control? Forward, Back, Stop etc) and will not then Skip as it should. This never happened with 1.12? Any thoughts on this one?

Many thanks again, Dave (log attached)[DOUBLEPOST=1451336171][/DOUBLEPOST]Sorry, MM, I forgot the third question.

Now, when I close MP, it always wants to start Media Center and can't and I get a pop-up to this effect. Why would this now be happening?

Thanks again, Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom