MP Skin Editor & size of controls (1 Viewer)

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi,

I have been working a bit on a skin editor to place buttons and so on via drap and drop.
So far it shows me all controls and I can view the properties using the right click of my mouse.

Maybe I can see not the forest inside the woods...
But where is the size of a control defined ? I searched in the GUI quiete a long time...
What is the default size of a "GUILabel", "GUIButton" and so on ?

:)

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• editor.jpg
    editor.jpg
    110.4 KB

GF__74

Portal Member
June 8, 2008
Akl, NZ
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Could you not create a skin that has a number of the elements (button, label, etc) that you need. The skin file should just include the minimum parameters that are required for each element.

Then setup the plugin to programattically change the label (or other element) to show the size, etc of the default generated element (e.g. button.label = button.width.tostring() + " " + button.height.tostring())

Just a thought if you could not get the information any otherway.

GF

kroko

Portal Pro
February 4, 2007
Itzehoe
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hi everybody,

hey thank you for your thoughts. Im still in the progress sorting ideas for the concept. Unfortunally it is possible to make "groups" which makes it even more complicated. And like SilentExcept said the references.xml defines the standard sizes colors and so on. Even if you dont name them in the skin. See the actual screenshot. Moving the mouse over a item displays the porperties and right click gives you the possibility to edit the item. Except groups right now. Its possible to move item and let them snap on the grid. Or just move in a certain step value. Load and Save is also likely implemented. Everything is a bit of anything.

Well I need to review everything before having a "good" soluting.

Regards
kroko

Attachments

• skin2.jpg
    skin2.jpg
    132.4 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom