[confirm] MP stops responding (1 Viewer)

kevin939

Portal Pro
June 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
After a nightmare of an installation only resolvedby a complete uninstall of partially installed RC3 and a egistery clean and manaul remove of anything referenceing mp I think I have RC3 installed. While checking the setttings (how did remember them adfter I deleted everything I could find?) mp just stopped responding (I was on the tv setting screen)

Logs atttached

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    there are lots and lots of errors with creating thumbnails. It looks like mtn is having trouble getting access to your recordings.

Is there anything odd about the way you are storing recordings (are these local and the folders have full access to all users?)

also you have lots of network errors (I think ArionP pointed this out in the other thread)

Code:
    "21/05/2010 20:58:43";"NetBT";"(0)";"Error";"A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.  The IP address of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.";"3221229791"
    This is going to break a lot of what MP is doing and more than likely stop things working.

It would appear that your issues are caused by external factors to MP (network and file access etc) which you need to solve first

Also please add your system specs

kevin939

Portal Pro
    June 16, 2007
    Home Country
    there are lots and lots of errors with creating thumbnails. It looks like mtn is having trouble getting access to your recordings.

Is there anything odd about the way you are storing recordings (are these local and the folders have full access to all users?)

It would appear that your issues are caused by external factors to MP (network and file access etc) which you need to solve first

Also please add your system specs

All the directories used by MP are local to the machine. I had all sorts of problems with RC2 an dmtn so stoped the thumbnails being created.

The duplicate IP address is a long standing probem on my network despite all machines using DHCP served by my ADSL router. It comes and goes. I will try to address this ASAP.

[how do I get the system specs? I thought the new log collector did it as the template does not appear when startin a thread]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom