MP TV client frezee (1 Viewer)

karajan

Portal Pro
October 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
How can I solve this problem. If tv client have problem with ethernet and then can play a live TV program (i have DVB IP ) then all client frezee for long time, before i can change to other program or switch to video folder.
Is there any wach dog to recognise that the TV signal from ethernet is out and then can switch to other program?

Thank you.
Mihael

karajan

Portal Pro
October 28, 2010
Home Country
Slovenia Slovenia
No one know? Fact is, that the MP1.23 freeze when use use it as TV program ( DVB IP stream) if ethernet cabel is out. Then I must restart PC, this is bad solution.
I think, that the MP client TV must have solution, when the stream is out, prevent to freze.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Mihael

How can I solve this problem. If tv client have problem with ethernet and then can play a live TV program (i have DVB IP ) then all client frezee for long time, before i can change to other program or switch to video folder.
    Have you tried reducing the timeouts in TV Server configuration?
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...n/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General#Scan_Tab

It is usually safe to reduce "PMT" to 2 or 3 - this will make a big difference.
    Also, MP 1.3a allows to cancel tuning and choose a different channel. I suggest you try that.

I should also say: TV Server and MP client use networking (Remoting service) for communication, so removing the ethernet cable is not a good idea.

mm

karajan

Portal Pro
    October 28, 2010
    Home Country
    Slovenia Slovenia
    Thank you mm, i will try this configuration.
    I try MP 1.3a , but support plugins for this version is still too litlle. I use streamedMP, weather, radio, youtube, news....

Mihael

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom