MP TV server rebuild with Colossus 2 - Kodi clients receive PMT error when playing videos recoreded by Colossus 2 (1 Viewer)

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Good morning.

Back a few months ago, I replaced my original HTPC with updated hardware. I have a few Hauppauge ATSC tuners I'm reusing, but I replaced the Hauppauge HD-PVR with a Colossus 2, since the HD-PVR was on its last legs.

What I'm noticing is that my true MediaPortal clients are able to play the Colossus 2 recordings without issue. However, the Kodi clients (running the latest build of LibreElec on Raspberry Pi 3 / 4's) receive a PMT error when trying to play any live TV or recordings captured by the Colossus 2. The Kodi clients can play live and recorded video from the ATSC tuners, as well as recordings performed by the HD-PVR. I'm a little puzzled on how to continue troubleshooting this issue, since I'm struggling to find the error.

Attached are all error logs from my TV server. Any help would be greatly appreciated. The most recent example in the logs would be trying to play live TV from channel 821 TENISHD / show name: Center Court.

Thanks

Attachments

• MediaPortalLogs_12_08_20__10_27.zip
      5.1 MB · Views: 0

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Country flag
    So, I think the issue may likely be on the Kodi client side. Attached is a log I was able to find on one Kodi client.

The error condition seems to start with:
    OpenStream - Unsupported stream 0. Stream disabled.

I'm curious why the Happauge Colossus 2 stream would be different from the original HD-PVR stream, and if there's a way I can address this on the MediaPortal TV Server side? I'm not finding much on this issue.

Attachments

• 01_KODI.log
      73.4 KB · Views: 0

CanadianEh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 21, 2011
    Home Country
    Country flag
    Good afternoon. I realized I never got back to posting the solution I found. Basically, I think I broke this on my own. I had made some registry changes to attempt to increase the video quality, which ended up not being supported by Kodi. Attached is a screenshot of what my final (working) settings are, just in case anyone else runs into this - or in case I blow it up again :). I used mediaarea.net/mediainfo to analyze the original working and the newer non-working videos to find the differences.

Attachments

• Colossus2 registry.jpg
      Colossus2 registry.jpg
      197.9 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread