MP & XBMC intergration scripts v0.6d Update 4-MAR-07 (1 Viewer)

deeceefar2

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 1, 2006
    Oklahoma
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi All,

I am having some trouble playing RTSP streams in XBMC and was wondering if anyone else had this working as I have updated the code to play recorded TV and active streams using RTSP but I am unable to test. Hoping it is just my installation that is hosed.

If no one else can get it to work I will have to try and get onto some in the XBMC team.

Cheers,

Chad

I've compiled latest version of XBMC, and can confirm that elupus fixed the RTSP streaming in XBMC here. So you are now able to connect to a tvserver RTSP stream using XBMC by creating a .strm file with the following:
    rtsp://ipaddress/stream1.0

I think DVD player, which is where the RTSP streaming is implemented, is the default to play them so you should just have to hit play and the streaming begins.

Also I'm curious as to how you've been implementing it so far. I've been thinking about designing a SOAP wrapper plugin for TV Server to handle the DB and channel changing. Not sure what direction your taking, but if your already far along, I don't see any point in me duplicating effort.

Good Luck,
    David

flagtuck

Portal Member
    December 30, 2007
    Hi All,

Sorry long time no update.

Back into working on this at the moment and stilling getting through the Schedule Updating area. More updates when I make more progress.

Would like some feedback, would users prefer to have an initial release without live TV or should I hold off releasing and try and get live TV running?

Cheers,

Chad

Chad-

Thanks a ton for working on this. Integration of MP and XBMC is amazing. I tend to only watch TV when it is pre recorded so I don't have to watch commercials. So, I would prefer an inital release without Live TV.

Thanks again.

graemef

Portal Pro
    November 28, 2004
    Perth
    Home Country
    Progress

Any progress on this, really looking forward to live TV if it can be achieved. I am currently looking at moving from MP to MythTV (after 3 years of MP) simply because my xbox's can stream live tv from MythTV. Really don't want to so have been holding off for this.

jabba200

September 27, 2007
    First of all I thank you for the effort and really hope that this can be achieved. :D

any updates?

Now that RTSP is fixed have you made any progress?

I have been watching this thread for months anxiously waiting for a release!

With or without live tv, i dont care!

:D

swifty

Portal Pro
    January 6, 2006
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Wow, just came accross this thread and it is really impressive!
    I've just dusted off my old xbox and put the latest XBMC on it, now I'm really looking forward to the possibility of getting live tv working through it.

Any news on your progress ?

Thanks!

AlanR

Portal Member
    March 8, 2008
    Napier
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks for all your work - Chad

Hi All,

I am having some trouble playing RTSP streams in XBMC and was wondering if anyone else had this working as I have updated the code to play recorded TV and active streams using RTSP but I am unable to test. Hoping it is just my installation that is hosed.

If no one else can get it to work I will have to try and get onto some in the XBMC team.

Cheers,

Chad

Hi Chad

Along with many others, I have recently come across this thread after searching to see if there was any way to link my XBMC box to my MP TV-server. What you have done so far seems very exciting – thank you very much for all your effort.

Are you still working on this and if so where can I pickup the most recent code to test? Or has your project been superseded by another in which case can you or someone else tell me where to find it?

Please let us know what's happening – all the best!

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom