MP1.3.0 Not allowing concurrent tuners (1 Viewer)

wrighta

Portal Member
July 25, 2006
West Lothian, Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I've been a MP user for many years now and pretty much always got by with forum help on problems but after installing the 1.3.0 Final release last week I've hit a problem which can't resolve and may be a bug.

I have 2 tuner cards in my media-pc - dual channel DVB-T Cinergy 2400i DT & dual channel DVB-T2 Black Gold BGT3620. The latter appears as a 7231 BDA DVBT in MP tuner list and have HD freeview capability.
All was working fine under MP1.2.3 although occassionallly the BGT3620 would 'hang' and the media-pc would need shutdown to allow it to work again.

I completely uninstalled my old MP1.2.3 installation, including wiping the database and all traces from the system and did a clean install of MP1.3.0. I ran the channel scan using the BG tuners to pick up the HD channels as well as regular non-HD. All went fine and the expected channels were stored. I mapped the appropriate channels to the correct tuners, leaving out the HD ones from the Cinergy tuners.

All seemed fine until I tried tuning/recording more than one channel and also selecting any HD channel.

I've tried the manual and test options to no avail. Usually I get either a no signal response or Error.
I've attached logs in the hope that someone can spot what may be the problem. These were clean and then a 'Test Channels' run.
I thought I was on to something with this post, albeit, it was a different configuration. The Preload options on all 4 channels I have are greyed out so looks like that doesn't apply to DVB-T as that thread was for DVB-C.

Only being able to watch/record one channel is not going to cut it for long and i may have to return to MP1.2.3 in the next 24 hours if I can't find a solution. Happy to try any suggestions as if it is a bug, it would be good to identify & resolve for all!

Thanks. :)

wrighta

Portal Member
July 25, 2006
West Lothian, Scotland
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Update - I had to revert to MP1.2.3. Did a complete 'clean' uninstall of all MP software. After MP1.2.3 installed and setup, all tuners now working as they were and should be. So it's definitely something different with MP1.3.0... (n)

Stardigger

Portal Member
November 11, 2008
Similar things happened to me, I have daone the same. Aditional problems with volume raising and lowering, this came after running for several hours.
I also had to revert.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom