1.31.0 MP1.35 (and all since MP1.30) will not install on Windows Server (3 Viewers)

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I have MP1 TV Server 1.30 installed on Windows Server 2012R2 (with some bits added for tuner support). MP Server versions have worked on this ancient hardware for many years, but 1.31 and up will not install. The blurb says it's not a supported OS, which I accept, but that it will install after a warning. But it doesn't. It refuses to install at all. Is there some sea-change introduced in 1.31? Can this be fixed? I haven't attached logs as the description says it all, and I doubt if the server hardware has any bearing. It's Windows Server 2012 R2 V6.3 build 9600. Also I can't see where to find "system specs". It's not listed on the dropdown from my name at the top as expected.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    We need some data on what the problem is and when it occurs, perhaps the necessary library is not installed on the outdated Server, and the current MariaDB will no longer be on this version, it needs Server 2019+

ArnoldGoat

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 27, 2007
    Lyttelton
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The problem occurs when I try to update server 1.30 to 1.35. It also failed a while ago trying to install 1.31. I abandoned that, but am forced into an upgrade because the TVSeries plugin I use on the clients is no longer compatible. I attach a few screenshots of my attempted upgrade. There don't seem to be any logfiles I can find. I realise that I haven't fulfilled the bug reporting process, but that's because I can't! I hope the attached is good enough. I hope you can help because I really like Mediaportal and have used it for many years. It still has the best satellite TV recording scheduling system.

Attachments

• MediaPortal Problem.docx
      1.3 MB

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    The problem occurs when I try to update server 1.30 to 1.35. It also failed a while ago trying to install 1.31. I abandoned that,
    I don't remember exactly, but I think when switching to Sharp DX, there was a message about limitations on operating systems. Server 2012 is already very outdated, but there are no problems with 2016, I have it installed.
    And judging by the source code, this is just a warning, a problem with an installation error, or something else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom