[Bug] MP1-4501 : EPG TV Rec Programming: Recording Conflict Shows only first hit (1 Viewer)

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    While programming a record, conflicts will be shown only for the first hit, although several conflicts may exist.
    Due to that, chosing "skip confilicting recordings" would result in programming parallel recordings on different transponders. Only one gets recorded w/o user being aware of at time of programming

Example:
    SyFy, Pro7 Fun HD & Sky Atlantic are on different transponders
    upload_2014-5-29_14-12-36.png

Trying to program "Shaun of the Dead" will result in a conflict message (due to overlap in post- & pre-recording) with Banshee show
    Both Helix Shows are not mentioned as in conflict.

upload_2014-5-29_14-13-3.png

Selecting "Skip Conflicting Recordings" results in a conflict between both Helix shows and the newly programmed show "Shaun of the Dead"

upload_2014-5-29_14-15-15.png

Recommended solution:
    To show all conflicts in the same time period and allow programming via "Skip Conflicting Recordings" only in case all conflcts are deleted

Cheers,

Attachments

• upload_2014-5-29_14-10-58.png
      upload_2014-5-29_14-10-58.png
      884.8 KB

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Try to reproduce it with the WatchDog option 1 so we're sure it's not a skin issue and post full debug logs after reproducing.

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Issue is obseverved for several versions (but too lazy to report) and also seen with Titan skin when running with watchdog option.
    Log attached

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Perso, i never use scheduling because no EPG available (or just have current/next filled)
    But i have give a try about xmltv with french change and i was able to import some epg for next day so i should be able to reproduce it lol.

TVE3 is in code freeze but if fix is done, it can benefit TVE35 too like the base code is the same, so this issue should be also on TVE35.

Does it the same as ? :
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/recording-conflicts.126188/

Like i really didn't use TV GUIDE lol, it's really hard to know what is the current/corrected behavior lol
    Trying to look @ the code but not easy lol

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

The issue there looks more like a possibility to modify pre-/post-settings in case this would help to resove schedule overlaps for recordings on different transponders. This can be done manually by modifying the individual settings during programming of the record; a little tedious but feasible (do it all the time if necessary, but require jumping between TV-Guide and rec programming window -> thats the reason for the fix in the TV-Guide I raised here)

My issue is a general one: I mentioned pre-/Post-settings only to explain why Shaun & Banshee were in conflict
    His question seems from my perspective therefore unrelated to my raised issue.

Correct behaviour would be to show all conflicts in the recording period (including Pre-/Post-Range) as long as they are on a different transponder. Channels on the same transponder do fine if they are parallel recorded (..most of the time; but thats another story)
    In case somebody selects "skip conflicting recording(s)" all conflicts should be deleted as otherwise a record exist.

Cheers

Last edited:

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Hi :)

I have try something but not sure if it's ok (it looks ok but like i didn't really use all possibility).
    Can you try ?
    You have to replace the one in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal' for sure and maybe/not sure in 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server' too.

Attachments

• TvBusinessLayer_Conflict.zip
      30.7 KB

yhoogi

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I made a first check:
    1. Scenario described above:
      Correct behavior: Banshee & 2 Helix are identified as in conflict
      In case "skip conflicting recording(s)" is selected all 3 events are deleted and replaced with Shaun
      => behaviour now as specified
    2. Scenario on match identification with new record on same Transponder
      Sky Atlantic HD & 13th Street HD on same Transponder:
      Selecting Navy CIS shows only conflict with 2nd Helix (as Banshee on same Transponder) and Helix + Post-record time overlap with Navy CIS
      => correct behaviour
      Selecting "skip conflicting recording(s)" is deleting only 2nd Helix show
    Seems like it is working fine.
    I will let it installed for the time being & check if there are any side-effects.
    In such case I will drop a post here. Otherwise I can confirm that it is working

Thanks

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Nice :)
    Let's hope it looks ok :)
    I don't know if it's fully works with many CARD, i think it does but can't really test that lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom