MP1 does not go to sleep mode (win 8.1 Pro x64) (1 Viewer)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    Hi Juro,

may be it can help - in my case when I was testing MP 1.6 & Power Scheduler on single-seat system (without any other MP client on different machine) with Win 7 x64, I remember I had to switch in Power Scheduler from Expert Mode to Plug&Play Mode, in general setting I had HTPC option. Also I had to enabled Power Scheduler in MP client settings -> Plugins -> Process Plugins. In this case it was working fine - MP went to sleep mode even the MP client was running on same machine as TV server was running.

Br,
    Martin

juro

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Martin, thanks, believe me I tested every single option. This works only when standby is handled by power scheduler....

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello again,

I would have question regarding to the EPG grabbing while idle - what exactly this functionality should do?

In my case when I have this option ON, it keeps EPG grabbing all time even the MP client (single seat) is not running. In this case PC does not go to sleep any time in both cases - i.e. MP is not running or MP is running in idle mode. Should be like this?

Should Power Scheduller++ takes EPG grabbing activity into the account? I would guess no, because then PC does not go to sleep ...

=DVBEPG.png

Martin

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    In my case when I have this option ON, it keeps EPG grabbing all time even the MP client (single seat) is not running. In this case PC does not go to sleep any time in both cases - i.e. MP is not running or MP is running in idle mode. Should be like this?
    Should Power Scheduller++ takes EPG grabbing activity into the account? I would guess no, because then PC does not go to sleep ...
    If EPG grabbing is enabled PowerScheduler will not allow standby while the TVserver (not the MP client!) is busy with grabbing. Grabbing should finish after the last channel's EPG data has been read, but this may take a long time if EPG grabbing is badly configured. On a well configured system EPG grabbing will take about 20 minutes to half an hour. If your grabbing takes much longer, you should have a look at the logs to see what is going wrong - mostly the grabber repeats and repeats reading data for a channel that has no EPG info...

Michael

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I see. I have probably bad EPG configuration as I have in total 100 channels, but only 50 are active:
    • 30 active channels Free
    • 20 active channels crypted
    but in EPG I select all 100, it is probably wrong, right? Is there any option how to select in fast way from mentioned 100 channels just these 50 active?

How EPG grabbing works? You mentioned it should takes 20-90minutes if well configured, how long takes one channel? If I have only selected option EPG in idle, how often EPG does the grabbing - it means on EPG grabbing cycle? How long is pause between finished cycle and new one?

In case of DBV-T or DBV-C do I have to select for EPG grabbing all channels within one multiplex or just one channel from one mutliplex is enough to save time?

In case of EPG grabbing in idle, I see it is backround process in TV server service, and this confused me when MP client was off and my PC did not want to go to sleep mode due to idle EPG grabbing -> may be one option to add to go to sleep mode in case of EPG grabbing in idle & MP client is not running would solve this...just idea:)

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Hello again,

AFAIK there are 3 options where the EPG grabbing can be set up:
    1. EPG grabbing while timeshiffting/recording
    2. EPG grabbing when idle
    3. EPG setting in PowerScheduller++

I have couple of questions regarding to the EPG and sleep mode as I am not sure if I understand well from wiki.

Question #1: Is the DVB EPG general setting also applicable for EPG grabbing, which is triggered by PowerSchedluer ++?
    upload_2014-9-1_22-16-7.png

Question #2: Why the Power Scheduller offers earliest timing for computer wake up based on EPG next day but not today (if today is selected)?
    upload_2014-9-1_22-20-37.png

Question #3: What is refresh time for EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording (if the timeshifting or recording is going all time)?
    upload_2014-9-1_22-27-57.png

Question #4: What happen, if the box "Always try to update existing entries" is checked ON and based on "old" EPG information some scheduled recording has been set up already and "new" EPG information will come - is the timing for already scheduled recording changed to new EPG timing?
    upload_2014-9-1_22-31-34.png

Question #5: What happen, if the "EPG grabbing while timeshiffting/recording" is ON (only this option) and "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min" is ON as well and the TV recording of selected program has already finish, but EPG takes much more time then 5 mins from "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min"? When the MP goes to sleep mode?

Question #6: What happen, if the "EPG grabbing when idle" is ON (only this option) and "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min" is ON as well and the MP is in idle mode, but EPG takes much more time then 5 mins from "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min"? When the MP goes to sleep mode?

Question #7: What happen, if:
    • "EPG grabbing while timeshiffting/recording" is ON and TV recording has already finished
    • "EPG grabbing when idle" is ON
    • "Put the computer to sleep after" e.g. 5 min
    but EPG grabbing needs more then 5 min? When the MP goes to sleep mode?

Question #8: Is it possible to combine all setting options together in MP?:
    Is there any limitation if all 3 options are combined together?

One note: I discovered that some EPG settings in TV server needs PC restart to be taken into the account. Just press Apply or OK button is not enough. May be it can help others during troubleshotting.

Thanks a lot.
    Martin

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello again,

AFAIK there are 3 options where the EPG grabbing can be set up:
    The last one is not quite correct: The PS settings are only for waking up the PC at a specified day/time and for preventing standby while EPG grabbing is active. PowerScheduler does not trigger or configure EPG grabbing - EPG grabbing is always starting on its own as configured in the EPG tab.

Question #1: Is the DVB EPG general setting also applicable for EPG grabbing, which is triggered by PowerSchedluer ++?
    Yes, since there is no other EPG setting.

Question #2: Why the Power Scheduller offers earliest timing for computer wake up based on EPG next day but not today (if today is selected)?
    This is to prevent multiple wakeup on a single day

Question #3: What is refresh time for EPG grabbing while timeshifting/recording (if the timeshifting or recording is going all time)?
    No idea

Question #4: What happen, if the box "Always try to update existing entries" is checked ON and based on "old" EPG information some scheduled recording has been set up already and "new" EPG information will come - is the timing for already scheduled recording changed to new EPG timing?
    No idea

Question #5: What happen, if the "EPG grabbing while timeshiffting/recording" is ON (only this option) and "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min" is ON as well and the TV recording of selected program has already finish, but EPG takes much more time then 5 mins from "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min"? When the MP goes to sleep mode?
    I think that when the computer finishes recording/timeshifting also EPG grabbing terminates, so this question should not arise...

Question #6: What happen, if the "EPG grabbing when idle" is ON (only this option) and "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min" is ON as well and the MP is in idle mode, but EPG takes much more time then 5 mins from "Put the computer to sleep after e.g. 5 min"? When the MP goes to sleep mode?
    If "Prevent standby while EPG grabbing" is activated in the PS EPG tab, then the computer suspends 5 minutes after EPG grabbing has finished. If the option is not set it will suspend after 5 minutes in idle mode.

Question #7: What happen, if:
    • "EPG grabbing while timeshiffting/recording" is ON and TV recording has already finished
    • "EPG grabbing when idle" is ON
    • "Put the computer to sleep after" e.g. 5 min
    but EPG grabbing needs more then 5 min? When the MP goes to sleep mode?
    Same as before

Question #8: Is it possible to combine all setting options together in MP?:
    Is there any limitation if all 3 options are combined together?
    See first comment

Michael

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    Thank you. I know understand much better. For my setting I have Win8.1Prox64 and MP1.8.100. I was testing with Power management by Windows (not by MP). Here are some results:

I think that when the computer finishes recording/timeshifting also EPG grabbing terminates, so this question should not arise...

In some cases the recording does not stop in my case (Win8.1 x64 & MP1.8.100)

If "Prevent standby while EPG grabbing" is activated in the PS EPG tab, then the computer suspends 5 minutes after EPG grabbing has finished. If the option is not set it will suspend after 5 minutes in idle mode.

In my case MP does not go to sleep based on the sleep timer when the "Prevent standby while EPG grabbing" is OFF. It keeps EPG grabbing.

Basically if I understand well the PS wake up functionality for EPG is basically valuable only for EPG grabbing when idle, right?

I would say I did not have such issues (Q5 and Q6) in Win7x64. Do you have similar experience like me that EPG grabbing&PS issues are not working as well in Win 8 as in Win7?

marttoma

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 24, 2014
    Praha
    Home Country
    I would have other questions:

Question #9:

What happen if I dont select ANY language in right side window (but I would select some channels inleft side window)?
    upload_2014-9-3_0-1-27.png

Question #10:
    Why are there more items in right side windows - EPG languages for specific language - etc. German, English, Czech etc. - why is not there just one language item per one language?

Attachments

• upload_2014-9-3_0-1-7.png
      upload_2014-9-3_0-1-7.png
      115.9 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom