MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    UPDATE:
    v73:
    after stop 24p material, start tv (sd and HD) lines went mad again as i reported in the past https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/716273-post790.html

later today will post log and screen

my idea is that MP is still tring to mantain the 24 fps also on the 50i material after refresh change..... (fps in the osd are going up and down around 24 )....

i can assure with original 1.2a dll and v67 that is not happenig .....

the question is......... why? what is the difference from original 1.2a (OK), v67 (ok) to all the other ones (FAIL)?

thanks

today i can't reproduce anymore this issue , maybe because i get in to this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/725038-post2577.html .... or it is just matter of time before it happens again ...... i'm still triing to use v73 in everyday use .... so f it will happen again i would notice it :)

thank you
    byeeeeeeeeee

If it happens again - please post a screen capture (with the render stats) and an evr.log - otherwise I can't help....

Tony

Hi Tony,

yesterday night i got two times Mp crashed using v73, from today early mornig i'm not esperiencing any crash using v67.

here the windows event

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 19.03.2011 23:11:32
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: mojo-HTPC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.1.5.0, time stamp: 0x4cca7eb5
    Faulting module name: dshowhelper.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d80a55d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000d058
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-19T22:11:32.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13262</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>mojo-HTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>MediaPortal.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.5.0</Data>
    <Data>4cca7eb5</Data>
    <Data>dshowhelper.dll</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4d80a55d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000d058</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

here the logs

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok Owlsroost, I did some more testing.

Initial results
    HD 23.9 and 24fps are Perfect.
    SD 24fps perfect
    SD 25fps, judder every half/whole second. Not visible in the lines, but I DO see the moving judders. Even in the 2 lines going from left to right.
    I noticed this judder ia only present on SD25fps, while the TV is set at 50hz. First I tried to get a perfect match. 25fps/25hz, But MP wont switch to it, even if I tried it before.
    Second thing I tried was reducing the de-interlacing setting from VA to adaptive. After this the visible judder is gone. Also, the lines are more flat now.

So Im thinking using 25fps on a 50hz monitor, makes my ATI or codecs think they need to de-interlace the stuff, resulting in judders. The fact it results in judders is weird as well. The card I use should be more than capable of handling it. (HD5670)

What are your thought about this?

Can you post an evr.log please ?

I do test with some true 25fps material on a 50Hz display (my digital still camera shoots 25fps 720p h.264 video) and it always plays OK on my (nVidia) system.

Quite often the video decode filters assume at the beginning that the material needs to be deinterlaced because they don't really know for sure until they actually decode it, then the deinterlacing should adapt itself as the stream plays. Note all this happens before the EVR presenter gets the decoded/deinterlaced samples (frames) - it then just uses the sample timestamps to decide when to present (render) the samples to the screen.

Tony

I have this problem too, and it happen only on sd avi (ffdshow as a codec), in 720p - 1080p I have not problem..
    I'm using a lot of subtitle (in a separate file .srt) when I watch my sd files, could be influential?
    I'm using v055c do you need evr.log? or do you prefer evr.log with v0073?

tklon

Portal Pro
    September 3, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Great. Since today, after I found this thread, my system works like a charm again. No stuttering in TV and Videos. Thank you!

edterbak

Portal Pro
    March 4, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

Ehhhh... Short anwser: No
    I have no clue what changed. I did exactly the same as before, and I cant reproduce the issue myself. I saw this effect even after a couple of boots. I did them to be sure there is not going to be a fals bugreport. But I feel ashamed it looks like it anyways.

@Cecet, can you post a evr log?

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

Ehhhh... Short anwser: No
    I have no clue what changed. I did exactly the same as before, and I cant reproduce the issue myself. I saw this effect even after a couple of boots. I did them to be sure there is not going to be a fals bugreport. But I feel ashamed it looks like it anyways.

No worries, no problem :)

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    today i can't reproduce anymore this issue , maybe because i get in to this https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/725038-post2577.html .... or it is just matter of time before it happens again ...... i'm still triing to use v73 in everyday use .... so f it will happen again i would notice it :)

thank you
    byeeeeeeeeee

If it happens again - please post a screen capture (with the render stats) and an evr.log - otherwise I can't help....

Tony

Hi Tony,

yesterday night i got two times Mp crashed using v73, from today early mornig i'm not esperiencing any crash using v67.

here the windows event

Log Name: Application
    Source: Application Error
    Date: 19.03.2011 23:11:32
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: (100)
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: mojo-HTPC
    Description:
    Faulting application name: MediaPortal.exe, version: 1.1.5.0, time stamp: 0x4cca7eb5
    Faulting module name: dshowhelper.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4d80a55d
    Exception code: 0xc0000005
    Fault offset: 0x0000d058
    Faulting process id: 0x%9
    Faulting application start time: 0x%10
    Faulting application path: %11
    Faulting module path: %12
    Report Id: %13
    Event Xml:
    <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    <System>
    <Provider Name="Application Error" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>100</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-03-19T22:11:32.000000000Z" />
    <EventRecordID>13262</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>mojo-HTPC</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    <EventData>
    <Data>MediaPortal.exe</Data>
    <Data>1.1.5.0</Data>
    <Data>4cca7eb5</Data>
    <Data>dshowhelper.dll</Data>
    <Data>0.0.0.0</Data>
    <Data>4d80a55d</Data>
    <Data>c0000005</Data>
    <Data>0000d058</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

here the logs

Can you tell me what was happening when it crashed - from the log, it looks like it had just changed from an SD to an HD TV channel ?

Tony

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    UPDATE:
    v73:
    after stop 24p material, start tv (sd and HD) lines went mad again as i reported in the past https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/716273-post790.html

later today will post log and screen

my idea is that MP is still tring to mantain the 24 fps also on the 50i material after refresh change..... (fps in the osd are going up and down around 24 )....

i can assure with original 1.2a dll and v67 that is not happenig .....

the question is......... why? what is the difference from original 1.2a (OK), v67 (ok) to all the other ones (FAIL)?

thanks

Confirming I'm also seeing things break loose when playing 50Hz after first playing 23.9Hz media. Not sure if it's a factor but it only happened when 23.9 media was first thing played after starting MediaPortal. Ie. It did not happen when playing 50Hz followed by 23.9Hz then back to 50Hz. SD and HD no difference.

Restarting Mediaportal and same 50Hz media plays fine.

Evr log attached and graph looked like this...

Edit: Hmm certainly doesn't do it every time 23.9 is first thing played after starting. So now I have no idea wha tthe trigger may be.

Attachments

• 23-19-59.jpg
      23-19-59.jpg
      203.5 KB

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    +1... v73, first 24p material, then 50 fps interlaced material, totally broken.

bye!

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    +1... v73, first 24p material, then 50 fps interlaced material, totally broken.

bye!

Logs, screen capture ???

Anyway, can everyone reporting the stutter-after-24Hz problem try the attached v0074 dll ?

I suspect it's the 'DWM under MMCSS control' possibly causing the issue, so this version has it disabled (plus a few other mods to try and avoid the crashing problem someone reported).

Tony

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom