MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    +1... v73, first 24p material, then 50 fps interlaced material, totally broken.

bye!

Logs, screen capture ???

Anyway, can everyone reporting the stutter-after-24Hz problem try the attached v0074 dll ?

I suspect it's the 'DWM under MMCSS control' possibly causing the issue, so this version has it disabled (plus a few other mods to try and avoid the crashing problem someone reported).

Tony

Have tried v0074 with 23.9Hz followed by 50Hz media and similar results.
    Screenshot and evr log attached...

Attachments

• 19-36-58.jpg
      19-36-58.jpg
      179.5 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

OK, thanks. I tried to reproduce the problem last night but I couldn't, so it's a bit hard to debug it....

So can everyone with the problem please post which versions have the problem and which ones don't ?

Also please say if the MP 'automatic refresh rate changer' is set up to go back to a default rate at the end of play or not ?

Tony

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

OK, thanks. I tried to reproduce the problem last night but I couldn't, so it's a bit hard to debug it....

So can everyone with the problem please post which versions have the problem and which ones don't ?

Also please say if the MP 'automatic refresh rate changer' is set up to go back to a default rate at the end of play or not ?

Tony

i didn't tried all the versions, but i can say the only that don't give me that issue and works like a charm is V67 :)

and yes i'm using the dynamic refresh changer and my default is 50hz ;)

cecet23

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 18, 2009
    Perugia
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

Tony

If you remember I had this problem too with v066 and v067:

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/715966-post777.html

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/718959-post819.html

no problem with v55c

maybe can help you..

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Everyone - when the problem happens, does pausing or a skip forward/back fix it or do you always have to restart MP ?

Tony

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Everyone - when the problem happens, does pausing or a skip forward/back fix it or do you always have to restart MP ?

Tony

i've tried: change channel (also many times), stop tv and restart, ffwrd rew, time skip forward and backward, pause , start again the 24p then stop and start tv again . Only the restart of mediaportal can fix the issue.

bye

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

Tony

v005b does'nt have it. v0073 and v0074 do.
    Not sure about the versions in between.

Yes I have the MP 'automatic refresh rate changer' set to return to 50Hz as a default.

I think the 'automatic refresh rate changer' default may be a factor.

Just had the issue again and I had left the stats onscreen between media changes and I swear the gui was only refreshing at 25 Hz instead of 50 between playing the 24Hz media and the 50Hz. Sorry no logs but will try and capture this again to verify (that I'm not imagining it)

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Just had the issue again and I had left the stats onscreen between media changes and I swear the gui was only refreshing at 25 Hz instead of 50 between playing the 24Hz media and the 50Hz. Sorry no logs but will try and capture this again to verify (that I'm not imagining it)

it happens sometimes to me too on the gui , but in my case the refresh is 50 hz but the fps are just around 24 exactly the same that happens on tv .....

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm also using 50 hz as default fallback refresh rate.

Sorry for not posting logs. I can't spend the time I would like to this, so normally I see the effect in my daily MP utilization, with no keyboard near... :)

Thanks Owlsroost for all.

Helios61

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 30, 2008
    NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Hi Tony!

Again big :D for your effort! But with v0074 i have some dropped frames and noisy lines! Please take a look at the screenshots and into the logfiles! For me v0056 is the best working version!

SDTV PAL

NTSC SD

NTSC HD

HDTV 1080i

HDTV 720p

24p

Best regards
    Helios

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom