MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development (1 Viewer)

peque

Moderator - Spanish Forums
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 4, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    EDIT: Also I would like to add that it's the best dshowhelper on my system for offline hd content, while keeping good performance on hdlivetv (remember that I was using v55b in my htpc... TILL NOW :) ).
    Sorry to say that I still find v55b better than last v75_No_DWM for HDTV. Here in Spain we have a variety of Dvb-t and dvb-s HD channels, some of which are quite difficult to watch "sttuter-free". Only Cyberlink PowerDVD 10 (SAF 5) seems to be able to handle all of them quite well.

I'll try to do some more in-depth testing with offline content, but I'd say v75 is better in this case.

bye!

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    just one issue i had, i got Mp freezed while i was testing just after a mp restart. i do that i went to my video and started the usual M2ts testing file, the error.log was clear i'm attaching mediaportal and evr log. ( i haven't any freeze from ages)

again i got mediaportal crashed just after starting it... asap i'll send logs, it seems happening randomly.

i want to remind it doesn't happen with v67 and original 1.2a dll.

thank you

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    just one issue i had, i got Mp freezed while i was testing just after a mp restart. i do that i went to my video and started the usual M2ts testing file, the error.log was clear i'm attaching mediaportal and evr log. ( i haven't any freeze from ages)

again i got mediaportal crashed just after starting it... asap i'll send logs, it seems happening randomly.

thank you

Do you mean crashed (i.e. 'MediaPortal has stopped working' messages) or frozen/hung ?

Tony

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Helios - do you run a single or dual screen system - it's just that the system reported refresh rate - 'Display:' - is 75Hz in the screen caps, which is a bit unusual for an HDMI-connected TV (as in your system specs) ?

Tony

Does this patch work with dual monitors or not? I'd like MediaPortal on secondary monitor playing 25 fps TV at 50 Hz and primary monitor on 60 Hz.

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, thanks for the feedback.

As a sanity check - in case it's actually nothing to do with the DWM mods - attached is a version with the DWM setup/reset disabled completely (so it's similar to v0055c but with different frame drop/repeat logic).

Tony

So far not going crazy between 24Hz and 50Hz. Yay!

I am seeing quite a few dropped/late frames though. It's hard to definitively say if it's worse in this respect to v0055b but seems that way so far.
    Evr log attached...

Still seeing the dropped frames with "v0.0.075 (No DWM)" and am now also sometimes getting them at regular intervals. Hadn't seen this behaviour before.

Attachments

• 22-49-18.jpg
      22-49-18.jpg
      219.6 KB

STuNZ

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 25, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    OK, thanks for the feedback.

As a sanity check - in case it's actually nothing to do with the DWM mods - attached is a version with the DWM setup/reset disabled completely (so it's similar to v0055c but with different frame drop/repeat logic).

Tony

I am seeing quite a few dropped/late frames though. It's hard to definitively say if it's worse in this respect to v0055b but seems that way so far.
    Evr log attached...

Still seeing the dropped frames with "v0.0.075 (No DWM)" and am now also sometimes getting them at regular intervals. Hadn't seen this behaviour before.

Or now this...
    Going back to v005b and things immediately improve with just the off "Drop" every few minutes.

Attachments

• 23-02-26.jpg
      23-02-26.jpg
      278 KB

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    Re: AW: MP1 EVR Presenter/dshowhelper community development

Helios - do you run a single or dual screen system - it's just that the system reported refresh rate - 'Display:' - is 75Hz in the screen caps, which is a bit unusual for an HDMI-connected TV (as in your system specs) ?

Tony

Does this patch work with dual monitors or not? I'd like MediaPortal on secondary monitor playing 25 fps TV at 50 Hz and primary monitor on 60 Hz.

Dual-monitor systems tend to have problems if the monitors are running at different refresh rates, so I'd stay with the v0055 versions. The problem is that the DWM (Aero) seems to pick one monitor to sync to - which then produces stuttery video on the other screen.

Tony

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country

Evr log attached...

Or now this...
    Going back to v005b and things immediately improve with just the off "Drop" every few minutes.

The "v0.0.075 (No DWM)" version isn't really a 'finished product', just something to prove that it's the DWM stuff causing the 24Hz stutter problems. The logic isn't really tuned for the 'no DWM' situation.

I'm actually a lot more concerned about the 'MyQueue: No more space' messages that I've seen twice in your logs recently - as far as I can work out, this message should never happen, so it means something has gone wrong with the sample queue management in dshowhelper..... :(:confused:

Tony

mrmojo666

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 24, 2006
    Turin
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

thank you

Do you mean crashed (i.e. 'MediaPortal has stopped working' messages) or frozen/hung ?

Tony

yes, this last time was a crash :'MediaPortal has stopped working' , logs attached ;)

before i got a freeze ;)

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    For what it's worth I used v75 NO DWM for some time last night, and with 178000 frames, only 4 dropped. This is on 50Hz set with 50i content using PDVD10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom