MP1 or MP2? Which to go with? And what about live TV streaming/transoding to devices...? (1 Viewer)

T^2

Portal Pro
December 9, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
My main goal is to find a WMC replacement. One of the most important requirements is the ability to stream/transcode live TV to other PC's and client devices (Android, iPhone, iPad). I saw that ampDroid will stream/transcode live TV to android devices. Still looking to see if the same is true for iPhone and iPad.

So what's the big difference between MP1 and MP2? Which should I start off with? I'd like to get pointed in the right direction so that (what appears to be) a considerable amount of time will not be wasted going through setting MP up to only find out after the fact that I didn't get where I wanted.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello T^2

My main goal is to find a WMC replacement. One of the most important requirements is the ability to stream/transcode live TV to other PC's and client devices (Android, iPhone, iPad). I saw that ampDroid will stream/transcode live TV to android devices. Still looking to see if the same is true for iPhone and iPad.
    Some pointers that might or might not help:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_MEDIAPORTAL_1/17_Extensions/Remote_Access/MPExtended
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...d-mediaportal-home-automation-control.113471/

So what's the big difference between MP1 and MP2?
    MP2 is a complete ground-up rewrite of MP1... minus the baggage of legacy code, with some different design goals like centralising media management.
    MP1 is considered stable.
    MP2 is not yet.

Which should I start off with? I'd like to get pointed in the right direction so that (what appears to be) a considerable amount of time will not be wasted going through setting MP up to only find out after the fact that I didn't get where I wanted.
    It depends on your needs, but I'd probably go with MP1 for the moment simply because it has more momentum and a larger user base and support community.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom