MP1Problem with HDHomerun Connect not finding all channels (1 Viewer)

totalitarian

August 31, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have a HDHomerun Connect dual DVB-T/T2 tuner. Al other programs I have used (NextPVR, TVHeadend etc) manage to pick up the same channels that the HDHomeRun app correctly scans. For some reason though MediaPortal just can't connect to some transponders (No Signal) even if I set BDA mode to MedialPortal.

Attached are my logs

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome :)

I have a HDHomerun Connect dual DVB-T/T2 tuner.
    Okay.

Al other programs I have used (NextPVR, TVHeadend etc) manage to pick up the same channels that the HDHomeRun app correctly scans. For some reason though MediaPortal just can't connect to some transponders (No Signal) even if I set BDA mode to MedialPortal.
    It is possible that MediaPortal's frequency list for your region is out-of-date.
    So, what region are you selecting when you scan?
    Are you sure that MediaPortal is scanning the same frequencies as the other software?
    Have you tried the "all regions" region for your country (presumably "UK")?

Regards,
    mm

totalitarian

August 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Hello and welcome :)

I have a HDHomerun Connect dual DVB-T/T2 tuner.
    Okay.

Al other programs I have used (NextPVR, TVHeadend etc) manage to pick up the same channels that the HDHomeRun app correctly scans. For some reason though MediaPortal just can't connect to some transponders (No Signal) even if I set BDA mode to MedialPortal.
    It is possible that MediaPortal's frequency list for your region is out-of-date.
    So, what region are you selecting when you scan?
    Are you sure that MediaPortal is scanning the same frequencies as the other software?
    Have you tried the "all regions" region for your country (presumably "UK")?

Regards,
    mm
    Yes i've done all regions and it still doesn't tune to certain transponders that I need. Emily moor is the transponder I need to use.

Details here

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emley...ation#Digital_television_.28DVB-T.2FDVB-T2.29

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Okay.

As far as I can tell, MediaPortal's frequencies for that region are up to date. So, that rules out that possibility.

There are 3 frequencies that are not locked during the scan:
    1. 562 MHz
    2. 578 MHz
    3. 634 MHz
    Interestingly, those are the DVB-T2 transmitters.

I'm going to do a bit of digging to see if there is any reason why MediaPortal would have any problem with them. MediaPortal doesn't usually have a problem with other DVB-T2 tuners, so this is a bit weird.

[edit: I take it that you're certain your tuner supports DVB-T2? It isn't one of the older models?]

Last edited:

totalitarian

August 31, 2015
    Home Country
    Okay.

As far as I can tell, MediaPortal's frequencies for that region are up to date. So, that rules out that possibility.

There are 3 frequencies that are not locked during the scan:
    1. 562 MHz
    2. 578 MHz
    3. 634 MHz
    Interestingly, those are the DVB-T2 transmitters.

I'm going to do a bit of digging to see if there is any reason why MediaPortal would have any problem with them. MediaPortal doesn't usually have a problem with other DVB-T2 tuners, so this is a bit weird.

[edit: I take it that you're certain your tuner supports DVB-T2? It isn't one of the older models?]
    Yes as the same tuner works fine with NextPVR.

Here is the transponder list from NextPVR if it helps?

[TERTYPE]
    1=United Kingdom
    2=Yorkshire - Emley Moor New

[DVB]
    0=7
    1=1,682000,0,0,8
    2=2,658000,0,0,8
    3=3,634000,0,0,8
    4=4,690000,0,0,8
    5=5,714000,0,0,8
    6=6,722000,0,0,8
    7=7,754000,0,0,8

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes as the same tuner works fine with NextPVR.
    To be clear: I assume this means that NPVR is able to lock on the DVB-T2 frequencies?

[edit: I mean, it is not an error for MediaPortal's TV Server to fail to lock on the DVB-T2 frequencies if your tuner doesn't actually support DVB-T2.]

Here is the transponder list from NextPVR if it helps?
    MediaPortal scans all of those frequencies.

I've contacted Silicondust to ask them about the problem. They're generally very fast to respond, however there's no response yet. They're based in the US, so are probably fast asleep right now.

In the meantime...
    Can you please try to scan with with "preferred network provider" set to "DVBT" (instead of "generic"):
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...nfiguration/02_TV_Servers#Edit_Tuner_Settings

Also, can you tell me: what type of network do you have? (eg. wireless 54 Mb/s [802.11g], wireless 150/300 Mb/s [802.11n], wireless 802.11ac, wired 100 Mb/s, wired 1000 Mb/s [gigabit], powerline)
    I need to know about the link between the HDHR and your router, and the link between your router and the PC which TV Server is installed on.

[edit: Actually, it would help if you could also give some examples of the channels you think you're missing.]

Last edited:

Owlsroost

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 28, 2008
    Cambridge
    Home Country
    I have a HDHomerun Connect dual DVB-T/T2 tuner. Al other programs I have used (NextPVR, TVHeadend etc) manage to pick up the same channels that the HDHomeRun app correctly scans. For some reason though MediaPortal just can't connect to some transponders (No Signal) even if I set BDA mode to MedialPortal.

Attached are my logs

Just a thought, and this might be irrelevant for the HDHomerun, but have you tried increasing the 'Tune' timeout (TV Server Config -> General -> Scan tab - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General) ?

I don't have the same tuner as you, but one of the DVB-T2 tuners I've used is noticeably slower to tune the DVB-T2 muxes, so I had to increase the 'Tune' timeout by a few seconds to make it tune reliably.

totalitarian

August 31, 2015
    Home Country

Attached are my logs

Just a thought, and this might be irrelevant for the HDHomerun, but have you tried increasing the 'Tune' timeout (TV Server Config -> General -> Scan tab - see http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...figuration/TV-Server_Configuration/06_General) ?

I don't have the same tuner as you, but one of the DVB-T2 tuners I've used is noticeably slower to tune the DVB-T2 muxes, so I had to increase the 'Tune' timeout by a few seconds to make it tune reliably.
    That seems to have done the trick! Thanks :)

swissracer65

Portal Member
    January 7, 2009
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Very helpfully! Now the Technisat CableStar Combo HD CI find the signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom