[Finished] [MP2-489] Missing feature ( WOL / TV Group ) (1 Viewer)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    Hello,
    i propose to add feature for have better usability of MP2 in general.

- add WOL function for start :
    ( MP2-Client > MP2-Server ) MP2-Server when is installed on a dedicated/external computer.
    ( MP2-Server > Shared folder ) WOL from MP2-Server to External Storage ( NAS )

- Hide All Channel group option
    On my system, i have an average 3300 channels scanned. the first start of MP2, it take 5-10 min for display the channel list with EPG, maybe due to lot of channel and it try to donwload logo channel. and i can't scroll the channe list, MP2 not respond.
    on my DevPC, i have 40-50% CPU usage and 800Mo used for MP2 Client. And i use MySQL as DB on external server

- Update logo channel / Port Logomanager for MP2 ( @Edalex / @Vasilich )
    https://www.assembla.com/spaces/mediaportal/stream

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    - Hide All Channel group option
    As a temporary workaround you can arrange the group order inside SetupTV (at least this was possible in past), so that this group is not the first one.

Additionally the client remembers the last selected group.

But I will add a setting to exclude this group.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think logo manager is currently not related to the new WebService. Not sure if there was an import feature or similar.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Yes the webservice at (http://channellogos.nocrosshair.de/) is not linking to the logo packs - You can import logo packs though, but I think most of them are already in there. You can create a new suggestion on the website if you want to update a single logo.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Yep - and as the WOL issue is assigned to me, some remarks about it:
    I started implementing a WOL service because I thought it would be easy to port the MP1 implementation to MP2. Well, that would have been easy, but the MP1 implementation is incomplete - it only supports IPv4 and therefore goes nuts when MP2 decides to establish the connection via IPv6. Unfortunately, implementing IPv6 support was not trivial, which is why I somehow lost interest in it (IIRC we use a P/Invoke to a native call to an ARP-method in Windows to get the MAC address for IPv4. Unfortunately, there is not ARP on IPv6...) - at least for now ;)
    Let's see how things go - maybe I'll be bored with the Asp.Net Server stuff in a couple of weeks and revisit the WOL-Service :)

azzuro

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • May 10, 2007
    France - IDF
    Home Country
    France France
    ught it would be easy to port the MP1 implementation to MP2. Well, that would have been easy, but the MP1 implementation is incomplete
    ask maybe @regeszter , if want contribute to MP2 on WOL stuff (y)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom