[Pending] [MP2-569] BV News: view can't be changed (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    News are displayed as raster view by default. There is no other view available and when you open the respective menu (bottom right) you get an empty box with no choices. Should we consider to extend the choice of views to allow also list displays?

@morpheus_xx , @Brownard : Is there an easy (!) programmatic way to not display the menu choice in case there are no options to chose from? Or is this just due to the skin not being complete?

NewsViews.JPG

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    News are displayed as raster view by default. There is no other view available and when you open the respective menu (bottom right) you get an empty box with no choices. Should we consider to extend the choice of views to allow also list displays?

@morpheus_xx , @Brownard : Is there an easy (!) programmatic way to not display the menu choice in case there are no options to chose from? Or is this just due to the skin not being complete?

View attachment 185277
    I asked this already, but there was no response. Generally I'd prefer, that skinners can add or hide view change entries from menus. For example does a cover flow view for news not make so much sense in my eyes. There could be in future also a skin with a 4th view mode, e.g. 3D cover flow, so my proposal makes definitely sense. Priority is not high though, we have other things and I'm going to add those to our google list, which needs to be updated by the way.

Brownard

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 21, 2007
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I think the issue referred to is the empty menus (they are supposed to be empty). I've also just spotted an empty slide menu in TV Guide.
    I think it should be possible to disable/hide the entire menu if empty in xaml based on the ListView's item count.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The empty menu is another thing, which I need to capture in Jira... :)

What I am actually asking is a possibility to change the view for News (and maybe other plugins) for which view is fixed to Raster by default.

I'll open a Jira for this as feature request.

EDIT:
    MP2-569 Implementation of flexible views for News (and other plugins)

Thread moved into Feature requests

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom