[Finished] [MP2-593] Album info to be governed by track metadata (1 Viewer)

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Good for me. So max 4 genres for an album.
    There is no limit in the database for the number of genres. I think there will be a performance issue though as the album needs to be updated for every track the importer finds. At least it will be limited to 4 genres, but it will still decrease import performance. The importer works by importing one file at a time and only updates the album for the first album track. To handle this it would either need to update the album 4 times or load all album files when creating the album aspect, which of course means more work than currently, which again results in a slower import.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    High henso,

Glad to see you back online (y)

At least it will be limited to 4 genres, but it will still decrease import performance
    Sure. Reading more data cannot be faster than reading only one single field. Would it be correct to assume that reading informaition from the file tags would still be signidacantly faster than doing an online date retrieval?

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    The importer works by importing one file at a time and only updates the album for the first album track.
    In the versions I have tested, this does not seem to be the case.
    As I explained in other thread, when sorting by Artist, the system was actually sorting by Album Artist and if there are multiple Album Artists in a Single Album, each of the songs were listed in their own album.

Post #6
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/mp2-1-music-import-questions.135960/

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    As I explained in other thread, when sorting by Artist, the system was actually sorting by Album Artist and if there are multiple Album Artists in a Single Album, each of the songs were listed in their own album./
    I am not sure if this has meanwhile been corrected. I'll look for it it in the latest TC#134 build. If still present, I'll add it to Jira.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The details footer for audio tracks is also overworked for BV now.
    Composers are shown and the type label is removed as not supported in the same way after MIA rework.
    Unbenannt.jpg

henso

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    In KODI it takes 5 hours for 140.000 tracks.
    I didn't mention anything about how long it would take, just that it would take longer.
    In the versions I have tested, this does not seem to be the case.
    My statement of course assumes that the album for a second track is found to be the same as for a previous track. As I understand the linked issue it confirms my statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom