[Finished] [MP2-613] Add 'Disc' as additional filter level (1 Viewer)

Introduce "Disc" as additional filter criterion to separately display multi-disc albums?

• Yes

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    The CD part is offtopic and belongs to an own thread with feature requests. I faced the sane problem. Albums with multiple CD's are problematic. In WMC skin the CD information is shown, but anyhow it's confusing to see every track number 2 times. Here grouping would be the best feature. Filter by album and then grouping by CD ... or at least sorting. I propose to add this.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This has also been requested by @Helios61 .

As far as I see, the 'Disc' tag is already read in by the importer. Therefore adding an additional level for filter would not cause major rework need. Strings and translations are in place, although it might be necessary to create Filer/Sorting string constants and models.

However, we wopuld need to set up things in such way that the disc filtering is not mandatory. If there is only one disc, it doesn't make much sense to display the additional level. A little bit like the situation for series where we need to go through an intermediate season level also in cases where only one season exists. I am not sure what solution is the best here.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have large number of albums that have multiple CD's within them.
    This would be a huge benefit....
    Most of mine are set as CD1 or CD01 plus they each have a folder.jpg within them.

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I am having quite a couple too, so this would be of value to more than just one person.

I will add a voting function to this thread (and will do so for all other feature requests in the future) in order to be able to seek the community's view about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom