[Finished] [MP2-793] 'Restart MP2' as additional option in shutdown menu (1 Viewer)

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Sometimes when the client resumes from standby, the server connections are not fully established. In such cases no fanart or channel logs are displayed, yet the client is fully operational and capable of playing Videos, TV, etc. Restarting the MP2 restores the normal situation.

An option to restart the client app would avoid the need to use keyboard/mouse to restart the app from the desktop.

P.S.: Even better if the situation didn't occur, but that seems to be linked to the Intel network adapter not getting correctly initialized upon resume. Maybe a timing problem?

BlueMax1916

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • January 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

I encounter this all the time and it may be related to a network problem that I observe here. My media server has dual Intel NIC (one is disabled) and my main client (HTPC 2) has a single Intel NIC. But sometimes it seems that - at least in Titanium Extended - the MP2 GUI does not get refreshed when the server connects. Only switching between - say - Video Screen and TV screen - may update the missing tiles.

Cheers

Blue Max

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom