MP2 list and video info please (1 Viewer)

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
October 18, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
hi very new to MP2. can someone explain where how to change the following.

1) with the "video, series, movie" buttons they all default to "choose a genre" how to you change this so that it shows a"list view" eg just the file/folders structure.

2) can you get rid/not have the "thumbnail" in the "small, medium, large" list view

3) add extra "file extensions" eg ".m4v" etc

thanks

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi

thank your for your feedback!

1) If you like a folder based browsing, you might choose "Browse Media". There you have folder based list of all your shares, showing all type of media items that are in there (you can also have image/video/audio mixed). The specialized sections "Series" and "Movies" do show only items, that where detected as such during importer run. Another view would be in principle possible, but will only contain same number of items.

2) It's possible but this is a matter of taste. Titanium is not yet finished, I will continue on fine tuning.

3) This is part of the VideoMetadataExtractor. It already has settings to add more extensions to known list. The settings file itself is located under ProgramData\..\MP2-Server\Settings, but it is only saved after modifications. This means: in principle you could change it, but in fact you would place a matching xml file there. I will add .m4v for next release to default extensions and add an example file later this weekend, so you can use this setting.

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Point 3) is solved in dev branch now, so it will be part of next releases. Meanwhile you can extract the attached .xml file into this folder:
    C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Config\

Attachments

• VideoMetadataExtractorSettings.xml.7z
      565 bytes

sab-to-go

Portal Pro
    October 18, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    thank for that. placed file in location. m4v video now shows up in list(but have to keep reimporting?)" but keeps say no player registered? but there is? if i change the ext to mp4 it works in MP2? if i double click m4v file in win7 it opens windows media player and plays fine?

also how do i attach/add a network share UNC path? in MP1 i just typed the path but in MP2 i dont have an option to just type a path?
    thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom