[solved] MP2 Repeated Crashes during installation (1 Viewer)

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
October 31, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I have had several attempts to install MP2. Faults appear after the twin HD tuners have been installed, and the channel lists download. So I suspect it's an issue with the EPG phase.

The attached screenshot shows an error displayed when trying to invoke the MediaPortal 2 TV Configuration program. If I restart the MP service the problem disappears, but returns later.

I've had two attempts at reinstalling from scratch, including deleting the C:\Program Data folders.

Any bright ideas out there?

Thanks Paul

Attachments

• MP2 install screenshot.PNG
    MP2 install screenshot.PNG
    28.6 KB

Bunkermentality

Portal Member
October 31, 2017
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hmmm things "seem" to have stabilised. This may be because I did a rather stupid thing. After I installed the tuner I set up PVR on my Plex server. This didn't work very well at all so I decided to follow a plan B and explored using MediaPortal. But I left PVR running on Plex. The error screen I found seems to illustrate some sort of connection error. I wonder if this is due to a conflict caused by Plex and MP2 trying to access the same tuner at the same time? Plex PVR in now uninstalled and I haven't had a crash since then. We'll see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom