[Finished] MP2 Series mark series as watched (1 Viewer)

adamgab

Portal Member
May 22, 2009
Trying to make the transition from MP1 to MP2.

The most used function for me in MP1 is the viewing of MP-TVSeries as banners, and using the Unwatched filter to only see series with new episodes.

Sure I can do this in MP2, but there is no option to mark a whole series as watched to clear out the junk, old shows, or new shows not interested in ..

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Trying to make the transition from MP1 to MP2.

The most used function for me in MP1 is the viewing of MP-TVSeries as banners, and using the Unwatched filter to only see series with new episodes.

Sure I can do this in MP2, but there is no option to mark a whole series as watched to clear out the junk, old shows, or new shows not interested in ..

At the moment it is not possible, but it is in progress. The keyword is again "MIA rework" (Media Item Aspect), adding relationships between Series <-> Season <-> Episode.
    Once it is done, you'll be able to see automatically, if a series is watched or not. I also plan to indicate this with an exact percentage value, so you see for example, that 45% of the episodes are watched within a series.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi.
    Also it is not possible inside MP2 Client today, you can achieve what you want by using MP2-Edit (Link in my signature). It is a hack, but it's working. You can set individual episodes, single seasons and whole series as watched/unwatched with one mouse click. Sometimes I want to start watching a series from beginning, so I need to set the whole series as "unwatched".
    You even can transfer the watched Flags from TVSeries (or MovingPictures,...) into MP2 and backup/restore those flags later (e.g. if you need to re- build your DB from scratch). And you can add missing or replace wrong fanart too with MP2-Edit.

adamgab

Portal Member
    May 22, 2009
    Ok, great, at least for now I can get it happening with MP2-edit.

Definitely something that would be best managed from the interface though.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Definitely something that would be best managed from the interface though.
    Agree, but atm it is not possible. Until the MIA rework is done, we have to live with an external solution.

adamgab

Portal Member
    May 22, 2009
    THANKS!

I should probably elaborate further too..

When I view Unwatched, I only seem to be able to view individual episodes. Rather than the Season banner.

MP-TVSeries in MP1 allowed me to display banners, and only view unwatched... This resulted in series banners being displayed, so you then click on the TV Show and then are only presented with the unwatched episodes or seasons for that tv series.

I really want to make the transition into MP2, but my wife is really used to the simplicity of MP-TVSeries ... we have a lot of TV shows listed ... maybe that is my problem.

It also needs to look good. hence the TV Series banners and information.. :)

Thanks for the replies!

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    You can configure any hiearchy and layout, i.e.:
    • Filter by "(un-)watched", layout grid
    • Filter by name (series), layout banner
    • Filter by season, layout cover
    Filters and layout can be configured by the menu (in BV skin the top left button).

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    have a lot of TV shows listed
    Me too. I have more than 22.000 Series episodes... And it is looking nice here.
    zwischenablage-4-jpg.171567

zwischenablage-2-jpg.173054

Filter/Views are set exactly as Morpheus explains it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom