MP2 Theme: Black Backdrop (1 Viewer)

morpheus_xx

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • March 24, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    This is an example theme that allows changed backgrounds for menu items.

The beautiful screens were taken as examples from here :)thx:): https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/streamedmp-301/backgroundimages-3d-90749/

A small plugin "BackgroundManager" allows the expose a image to be used as background, depending on the selected menu item.

Attachments

• 01_start.jpg
      01_start.jpg
      121 KB
    • 02_music.jpg
      02_music.jpg
      146.2 KB
    • 03_video.jpg
      03_video.jpg
      137.3 KB
    • 04_pictures.jpg
      04_pictures.jpg
      168.1 KB
    • 05_weather.jpg
      05_weather.jpg
      137.7 KB
    • 06_settings.jpg
      06_settings.jpg
      140.4 KB

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: MP2 Theme: Black Backdrop

that's really cool, MP2 is getting better and better :p You are already working on details that means that MP2 is really far in development right? :p

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

May I vote for an animated background option?
    I still think that something like the PS3 animated background would open great oportunities for skinners...

however: Looks great!

FreakyJ

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 25, 2010
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hey joystick,

some people already had the same idea xD And there was already a discussion during the skinning contest here in the MP2 section =)
    It isn't so easy to realize it yet, because you have to write an extra plugin at the moment, but Baboonanza told us that he wants to implement it into the skinengie. But I think it isn't on high priority at the moment ;)

Albert

MP2 Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 18, 2008
    Freiburg im Breisgau, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Animated backgrounds can simply be realized in pure MPF/XAML, but the bigger the animation gets, the more complicated the animation in MPF is. Especially if random numbers are needed, the background screen needs the help of an underlaying code module.
    If you want to create something like in the Windows MediaCenter, which can be accomplished with only some small movements of brushes, that is not difficult to be done only in the screen file.

Baboonanza

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 5, 2010
    North London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: AW: MP2 Theme: Black Backdrop

Hey joystick,

some people already had the same idea xD And there was already a discussion during the skinning contest here in the MP2 section =)
    It isn't so easy to realize it yet, because you have to write an extra plugin at the moment, but Baboonanza told us that he wants to implement it into the skinengie. But I think it isn't on high priority at the moment ;)
    Actually I've already written the particle system control. There are some technical reasons why I haven't posted it yet but I'll send you a PM shortly and you can try it out.

It's really easy to add stuff like this to the SkinEngine so I expect there will be other eye-candy stuff in the future too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom