MP2 - TVSERVER with mysql Database. Not working (1 Viewer)

masoxik_cz

November 30, 2015
Home Country
Czech Republic Czech Republic
Hi guys, please I need help.
I installed new MP2, but I need config tv database to another machine with mysql database. I need that because I need update iptv tokens every day.
I found config "C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\SlimTVCore\v3.0\Gentle.config" and I edited it into this:

<DefaultProvider name="MySQL" connectionString="Server=pupik;Database=mptvdb;User ID=mp;Password=Medi@Port@1;charset=utf8;Connection Timeout=300;" />
<!--<DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="Data Source=C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db;Pooling=true;FailIfMissing=true;Version=3" />-->

Then I restarted MP service and after that I started MP2 TVConfiguration icon on the desktop. This creates an objects in this remote database, but then says this:

MPerror.jpg

Požadovaná služba nebyla nalezena = A requested service cannot be found.

Here is logs as attachments
--- Post updated ---
I dont know why inserted image is not working. In the preview I see image correctly. :/
URl of this image is: https://www.masoxik.cz/foto/public/MPerror.jpg

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    HI.
    In MP2 the TV engine is using MP2 Server Database, this means SQLite. To use MySQL you need to exchange the database plugin for the MP2 server. As MySQL is slower a lot (we're talking about ten times slower in real live) compared to SQLite and has not a single advantage (in normal circumstances) the MySQL plugin isn't maintained for a very long time. So you need to try if it works (I don't believe it) and if it don't work probably change back to a very old version of MP2.

But I don't understand why you need MySQL to update iptv tokens. Do you access the TV Database directly for this? This is not recommended in general and really dangerous in MP2 environment as this often will lead to a corrupted database... But I have to admit that I've never used IPTV (slow internet connection on my location, bad picture quality of IPTV compared to DVB-S2,...), also my ISP offers IPTV for free to it's customers...
    By the way, the SQLite DB also can be modified from "outside", if you really want to do this.

masoxik_cz

November 30, 2015
    Home Country
    Czech Republic Czech Republic
    ok thanx. I need update these tokens because my iptv provider not supporting MP. But they provide m3u list for VLC. this list is usable with mp with some modifications. Every provided token is valid only 24hours. after that is not possible watch to iptv channel with old token. :(
    I have automated scripts on linux server for this. On that same server I have Mysql server. I dont need 10x faster database, because tvserver dont need data that fast. Why? it is irrelevant.

" you need to exchange the database plugin for the MP2 server." Please can you give me information how to do this?
    thank you very much.

Lehmden

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2010
    Lehmden
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I dont need 10x faster database, because tvserver dont need data that fast.
    It's not only the TV Server, it's all MP2. Every view in MP2 GUI is getting data from the database. So you will slow down MP2 a lot by using MySQL... If the MySQL server isn't on the same machine as the MP2 server this will be even more worse. A really, really bad idea. You better modify your scripts on the linux server for that purpose...

I have realized that the MySQL plugin is removed from the Repo in meantime. As told, it's old, not maintained and most likely not compatible with recent versions of MP2. So there is a lot of searching in forum needed to find it, if ever it is still available. But maybe you can compile it yourself as the source code still should be available....

The exchange itself is simple, once you have found the plugin... Stop MP2 server, move the SQLite plugin folder (normally "c:\Program Files (x86)\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Plugins\SQLiteDatabase\") aside and copy the MySQL plugin folder into MP2 server plugin folder... Then start the server again and if you are really lucky and the server starts, you need to rebuild all your media sources and the whole TV configuration from scratch. You need to replace the MySQL plugin folder prior to every update of MP2, and replace it again after the update was successful as with every update the SQLite Plugin will be installed again and you can not have two database plugins at the same time.

Edit:
    It would be easier to write a TV Server Plugin for updating the m3u lists directly in the TV engine. But for this you need some c# skills...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom