Codecs MP3 audio drops out when volume is low (nobody's talking) (1 Viewer)

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    First of all, I've had my new receiver for a couple of weeks now but can't remember having this problem from the start, so I'm starting to suspect it's a codec issue primarily. I'm using SAF 6.08 *unlocked* with default settings (set to use spdif out) and have ReClock re-encode everything non-ac3/dts to ac3 so I can Bitstream all my audio.

But... I can see on the receiver's display that the digital signal cuts out, and it's heard very clearly as well, switching to another audio renderer (NVIDIA HD Audio or Default Direct Audio) doesn't matter. I thought that it might be a ReClock issue, so I've updated that to the latest one today but the issue lingers. Next step is re-installing SAF. This time 6.09.

Basically, whenever the dialog goes quiet or music is fading out, the audio gets choppy. Seems to only happen with 2 channel sound, mp3.

I'm playing back music just fine using the PureAudio Plugin with no dropouts whatsoever, in mp3, FLAC etc.
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Updating SAF to 6.09 didn't help, I added FFDShow as an option, but that gives me the same problem as using LAF audio. I'm slowly going crazy. PCM audio is flawless.

Please help me stay sane.
    Emph

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Using FFDShow's AC3 encoding and ditching ReClock *seems* to do the trick. I really hope so at least.

Emph

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom