MPAnywhere - Public Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    This is the public discussion thread for the MPAnyhwere Plugin for MP2 Server.

If you would like to discuss MPAnywhere, it's concept or implementation, if you have tested it and have comments or bug reports or if you would like to share any other thoughts with respect to MPAnywhere, please feel free to do so in this thread. Every comment is welcome!

The plugin as well as the source code and the previous internal discussions can be found in this thread, which is read only to the public.

Michael

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi everyone,

Is someone able to comment in the current state of the MP2 web API? It seems to me that adoption of MP2 will happen a lot quicker if there are ready-to-go apps as soon as it's released and one way to guarantee that happens is by supporting the existing MPE API. That would buy you aMPdroid and the as yet unseen Eve plus WebMP. From my personal perspective I can put my developer hat on and appreciate the architectural improvements of MP2, but as a user I don't see the benefit in migrating to it until it is capable of being used the way I want to use it.

MJGraf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 13, 2006
    Hi MrTechno,
    there is no further progress - at least from my side. I'm currently waiting for MP2 moving to .net 4.5.1, because Owin/Katana makes heavily use of the new async/await pattern and therefore much of the functionality of Owin/Katana is only available when using .net 4.5 or above.
    But please note that I currently focus on implementing a new web interface for MP2 - not porting MPE interface to MP2. This is also planned, as you can read in the main thread, but we need an additional WebApi, because the MPE web api is only for reading data. It it not possible to write data with the MPE api.
    So it will still take quite a while until we are there...
    Michael

MrTechno

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 27, 2011
    London
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Michael,

Thanks for the update. Having thought about my question some more it occurred to me that since MPAnywhere will provide a website that only leaves MP2 web API support in aMPdroid. I don't know DieBagger's opinion on this but I do know GUI programs take a lot of effort so it will always be easier to switch the model of an MVC than write a brand new V and C from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom