[Approved] MPC-HC/mpeg Splitter Audio+Subtitle Track Name Processing (1 Viewer)

chemelli

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 28, 2006
    Milano, Italy
    Home Country
    Italy Italy

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom

mironicus

Portal Pro
    March 9, 2008
    AW: MPC-HC/mpeg Splitter Audio+Subtitle Track Name Processing

I think I found a bug in the MPC-HC subtitle engine. It also concerns the Subtile Track Name Processing.

There is a problem processing multiple subtitle tracks containing the same language tag that does not have any track name.

I uploaded a short file "Shakugan_no_Shana-tan_Ep01.mkv" onto the Mediaportal FTP Server.

It contains two selectable subtitle tracks. The subtitles are identical - one track contains text, the other track is a Vobsub rip.
    Both subitles tracks have the same language tag - Japanese. Both subtitle tracks does not have a track name (empty).

Before you play the file make sure that subtitle animations are enabled in Mediaportal or MPC Cinema.

If you switch to the second subtitle track you will see that the subtitles will stop playing.

A fix: If the subtitles have tracknames there is no problem.

Second fix: If you disable subtitle animations the file will be displayed correctly.

Can this be fixed without the need to remux the files? DirectVobSub does not have a problem with this files.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Re: AW: MPC-HC/mpeg Splitter Audio+Subtitle Track Name Processing

I think I found a bug in the MPC-HC subtitle engine. It also concerns the Subtile Track Name Processing.

There is a problem processing multiple subtitle tracks containing the same language tag that does not have any track name.

I uploaded a short file "Shakugan_no_Shana-tan_Ep01.mkv" onto the Mediaportal FTP Server.

It contains two selectable subtitle tracks. The subtitles are identical - one track contains text, the other track is a Vobsub rip.
    Both subitles tracks have the same language tag - Japanese. Both subtitle tracks does not have a track name (empty).

Before you play the file make sure that subtitle animations are enabled in Mediaportal or MPC Cinema.

If you switch to the second subtitle track you will see that the subtitles will stop playing.

A fix: If the subtitles have tracknames there is no problem.

Second fix: If you disable subtitle animations the file will be displayed correctly.

Can this be fixed without the need to remux the files? DirectVobSub does not have a problem with this files.

This patch is just for getting the correct names of the subtitle tracks to display, you may wish to report this as a bug in the appropriate forum.

I quickly discussed the patch with Arion_p and we both think that text should be left as-is ( no defined rule to strip out a part and not another ).

Please provide an updated patch so we can commit.

Simone

Done. The track name will be left as is, new patch updated.

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    plz to incorporate =]

chefkoch

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 5, 2004
    Dresden / Munich / Maastricht
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: AW: MPC-HC/mpeg Splitter Audio+Subtitle Track Name Processing

I quickly discussed the patch with Arion_p and we both think that text should be left as-is ( no defined rule to strip out a part and not another ).

Simone

Hi nyt,

correct me if I am wrong, but the strip out of some characters is still part of the patch in first post, isn't it?
    Code:
    +      // Remove extraneous info from splitter in parenthesis at end of line, e.g.:
    +      // English, DTS-HD MA core 1536k (Audio 1) - 48000 Hz, 6 channels dts (libavcodec)
    +      // Audio - Dolby TrueHD, 48.0 kHz, 6 chn, 640.0 kbit/s (1100,fd,00)
    +      streamName = Regex.Replace(streamName, @"\(.+?\)$", "");
    At the end of the methods AudioType and AudioLanguage.
    If those are removed the patch is ready to be committed, so could you please provide an updated patch as Simone suggested?

cheers
    Tommy

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Re: AW: Re: AW: MPC-HC/mpeg Splitter Audio+Subtitle Track Name Processing

Those aren't part of the title and are added by the splitter, and as such are meant to be removed. I adjusted the patch as per Simone's suggestion to not touch the actual track name already, and updated the post.

Simone

Hi nyt,

correct me if I am wrong, but the strip out of some characters is still part of the patch in first post, isn't it?
    Code:
    +      // Remove extraneous info from splitter in parenthesis at end of line, e.g.:
    +      // English, DTS-HD MA core 1536k (Audio 1) - 48000 Hz, 6 channels dts (libavcodec)
    +      // Audio - Dolby TrueHD, 48.0 kHz, 6 chn, 640.0 kbit/s (1100,fd,00)
    +      streamName = Regex.Replace(streamName, @"\(.+?\)$", "");
    At the end of the methods AudioType and AudioLanguage.
    If those are removed the patch is ready to be committed, so could you please provide an updated patch as Simone suggested?

cheers
    Tommy

nyt

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2009
    Home Country
    Also just an fyi, this patch included some of the same code that was recently added to SVN.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...splitter-ffdshow-other-iamstreamselect-79860/

Code:
    Index: VideoPlayerVMR7.cs
    ===================================================================
    --- VideoPlayerVMR7.cs	(revision 25342)
    +++ VideoPlayerVMR7.cs	(working copy)
    @@ -1317,6 +1317,10 @@
                     filter = foundfilterinfos.achName;
                     int cStreams = 0;
                     pStrm.Count(out cStreams);
    +                if (cStreams < 2)
    +                {
    +                  continue;
    +                }
                     //GET STREAMS
                     for (int istream = 0; istream < cStreams; istream++)
                     {

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom