MPC Video Decoder install (1 Viewer)

mrh1

January 22, 2009
Hi this is my first post so be nice :)

Having run MCE for a while, as i had a hard drive fail, I'm trying MP.
I'm working my way through the install guide, but when I try run the mpcvideodec.ax i get the following error..

The Module "C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder\MPCVideoDec.ax" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x80070005.

Help this is not a good start..

Regards,

Martin

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hey thanks for all the advice :confused:

Hi,
    We're not developing MPCVideodec codecs, so dunno about all requirements for using it ;)
    But register it as a admin(as previous post say), if that doesn't help, do a search for what it requires...

Btw, it does register her..

Regards
    Roy

YaKnow

January 23, 2009
    Please use the thanks button if somebody has helped you out. This will improve their reputation and yours. It's easier to do then posting.

vurtua1

Portal Member
    July 31, 2010
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi all, I have just had this problem too, but can't see how to run as administrator. The intructions in the Install Guide (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/mediaportal-install-guide-49685/) state:

◦Create the following folder under your Program Files: C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder.
    ◦From the zip file you downloaded extract MPCVideoDec.ax to C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder.
    ◦From the Start menu select Run and type in the following command: regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\MPCVideoDecoder\MPCVideoDec.ax". You should get a pop-up message telling you the filter/file was registered successfully. That means the decoder is installed and registered on your system.

However, you can't perform "Run as administrator" on Run, and anyway, I am logged in as administrator. Anyone know what I should do next? I've stopped at this point for the time being. All help would be greatly appreciated.

nvm, you can do the same from the command prompt, run as admin...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom