[confirm] MPConfig crashes on opening (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Yep we need full NET4.0 installer :)
Normally installer should warn if not installed but maybe we have an issue on that.
Can you try to install full NET4 package ?
Thanks ;)

OK, I tried but it says "Same or higher version already installed" and doesn't offer any repair/reinstall options.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Ok good :) so you have full installed.
    Now it's to know why it failed (didn't try with no plugins etc. ?)
    Also MP didn't start right ?
    Did you try to reinstall MP with deploytool and select : reinstall option ?

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yep, I tried launching MP in debug mode (logs in first post), which also didn't work.

Just tried to reinstall package-mediaportal.exe and it won't run now as I'm missing Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redist ATL Security Update.

I uninstalled some older Visual C++ packages earlier today as someone told me (on another software forum) that I should only have the most recent versions of 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 installed and not older versions of each but it seems that was bad advice :rolleyes: Even after re-installing it from the link on the Requirements section, I still got the same error but that's because I only installed the x64 version, so I just ran the main .exe and let that install the x86 version for me.

Anyway, after a re-install with the downloaded 1.6 exe I can now open MP Config anyway :) I get this error when closing it though.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: Configuration.exe
    Application Version: 1.5.100.0
    Application Timestamp: 528797ad
    Fault Module Name: bass_vis.dll
    Fault Module Version: 2.4.3.6
    Fault Module Timestamp: 5260f26f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0011926a
    OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

I don't have a tuner connected at the moment, so I get an error about unable to connect to that when closing as well, even though the TV plugin is disabled but it doesn't look like the above error could be connected to that.

Sebastiii

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • November 12, 2007
    France
    Home Country
    France France
    Try to remove your TV plugins from plugins\windows folder to avoid this message. :)
    About the crash on bass_vis.dll, can you try to disable bass visualization in music setting ? (or maybe it's something else)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Try to remove your TV plugins from plugins\windows folder to avoid this message. :)
    About the crash on bass_vis.dll, can you try to disable bass visualization in music setting ? (or maybe it's something else)

Thanks, that solved the TV error :)

The music visualization was already set to None though and I tried changing the player under Player settings from Bass to WASAPI and unticking Show Visualizations on the Now playing tab but I still get the same error when closing MP Config.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom