MPLogoCreator (1 Viewer)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It's not really a plugin, but it can be a time saver ;)

MPLogoCreator

Download

MPLogoCreator is a small tool to create easy diffrent Tv and Radio Logos for MediaPortal.
    Only thing you need is a folder with rectangle pictures (PNG) on transparent background. MPLogoCreator generates autmatically new logos in different designs. You have also the option to edit, create or delete designs.

Please share your created desgins and upload it to the repository or here

Read the manual for more informations

Source

Attachments

• 01.jpg
      01.jpg
      174.3 KB
    • 02.jpg
      02.jpg
      124.9 KB

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    New design - StreamedMP modern
    sample.png

Just copied the included files to the "design" subfolder

Attachments

• StreamedMP - Modern.zip
      26.2 KB

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Scrounger, nice little tool you've got here.
    It would be really cool if it could create a mpe1 file :)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    It would be really cool if it could create a mpe1 file
    That would be very nice ;)
    I have an other idee, direclty create an Installer based on the LogoCreator. The advantage would be, that the user can create on his local computer the Logos that he want. That means, in the installer package will only be the simple Logo Design -> smaller installer file. At the moment this has very low priorty. First i would like to "finish" my other plugins ;)

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Version 1.1.0

changelog:
    - New Logo Design: StreamedMP - Modern
    - Save last used Settings (last used folders)
    - Optional: Create MediaPortal thumb logo subdirectories

01.jpg

bribbon

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 11, 2008
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland
    It would be really cool if it could create a mpe1 file
    That would be very nice ;)
    I have an other idee, direclty create an Installer based on the LogoCreator. The advantage would be, that the user can create on his local computer the Logos that he want. That means, in the installer package will only be the simple Logo Design -> smaller installer file. At the moment this has very low priorty. First i would like to "finish" my other plugins ;)
    A really interesting idee. Please give me a sign if I can do anything for this "little" Project. My Logo Pack swells slowly over, this especially with your new modern Art version (>82Mbyte for 4 designs in each of 2 aspect Ratio).

I'am very interested in your solution!
    thanks, bribbon

vuego

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 5, 2006
    Göteborg
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi Scrounger, the StreamedMP logos are very nice!

I was trying out v1.1.0 and have some issues and suggestions.

- I cannot select which logo designs to use. There's no checkmark if I click the checkbox, however I can select them all by clicking "Select all / deselect all".
    - It's possible to click Create even if you don't have any design selected and the messagebox says "Logos successfully saved" even though no logos were saved.
    - It's not possible to change height, width or offset when editing a design. The default numbers of 200/200/6 is back after clicking Save and confirming overwrite.
    - After saving a design, all checkboxes are unchecked but "Select all / deselect all" is still checked.

Minor:
    - When editing a design, you might want to label the button "Select Image" rather than "Open Image". I think it's more descriptive since we're not really opening the image :)
    - Esc should close the design window (same as pressing Cancel or No).
    - I think you should choose another program icon instead of using the default MediaPortal icon since it looks exactly like MP is running.
    - Typo when saving a design: "Design name still exist!" should be something like "Design already exists" and "overwirte" should be "overwrite" :)
    - Instead of "Select all / deselect all" it should be called just "Select all". It doesn't make sense to both select and deselect by clicking a checkbox. If it were a button instead of a checkbox it would be another deal :)

Request: The Swedish logos have an Outer Glow added around the logos by using Photoshop. It would be really nice if MPLogoCreator could do something similar but I guess it's not easy to add, right? :cool:

Attachments

• Photoshop logo outer glow.png
      Photoshop logo outer glow.png
      65.4 KB

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    @Scrounger is it possible to use images' original aspect ratio and not sctretching them to square.
    I need to fit rectangular in square design template. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom