[Utility] MPSeries Mover (1 Viewer)

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    This is a small utility that will help you move your download series episode files to their respective series folder.

If you have your series organised as mine, i.e. you have one folder on your NAS containing separate folders for your series, then this tool is for you. Just make sure that the folder name is the same as the series name.

e.g. if you have downloaded say episode 7 of season 7 from series Game of Thrones, then using theRenamer utility, the episode will be renamed something like this:

Game of Thrones - 7x07 - The Dragon and the Wolf.mp4

For this utility to work, your series folder should be called Game of Thrones, because it will look for the series folder names and if it matches them with the initial part of the episode, then it will move the episode to that folder.

MPSeries.jpg

Download:

You can download this utility from here.

Installation:

1. Download the executable to your hard drive on the PC you manage your collection.
    2. Click the MPSeries.exe to load.
    3. For the first time you execute only,
    a. input the folder from which you want to move the episodes. Usually this is your download folder.
    b. input the folder(s) to which you want to move the episodes. Usually this is your NAS drive which contains your series.
    c. input the extensions of you episodes so that the utility only move the file types you want.
    4. Click Move.

Please note that, unless you do not move the executable from where you run it or replace it, step 3 will not be needed on subsequent executions.

Gianlk

Portal Pro
    October 21, 2007
    Bologna
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Hi,
    it is a long time I was looking for a tool like this one!
    So far it works as described.

Could it be possible to move the file to the Season folder?
    In my case root folder is the series, then for every season I have the S0,S1, S2 etc. folders
    Of course I use the same pattern that is in the filename: series name - S1E03 - title.mkv

For a new series (no folder in the destination path), can be an option to directly create the series folder in the first path of the list?

Thanks for your job!
    Gianlk

m3rcury

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 12, 2010
    Home Country
    Malta Malta
    Hi,
    it is a long time I was looking for a tool like this one!
    So far it works as described.

Could it be possible to move the file to the Season folder?
    In my case root folder is the series, then for every season I have the S0,S1, S2 etc. folders
    Of course I use the same pattern that is in the filename: series name - S1E03 - title.mkv

For a new series (no folder in the destination path), can be an option to directly create the series folder in the first path of the list?

Thanks for your job!
    Gianlk

@Gianlk. Will see if these requests can be accommodated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom