MPStartIt - Start MediaPortal with specific plugin (1 Viewer)

InTranceWeTrust

Portal Member
October 22, 2010
Home Country
Greece Greece
thx :):)
now my humble htpc works as an alarm clock once again. Great to be woken by tv every day

Last edited:

chris_074msn

September 16, 2012
Home Country
Australia Australia
Still not working for me, just reverts back to "Home"setting. Is there some other setting I should be looking at?

RicoHTPC

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2011
    Cuxhaven
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you checked "show last active module when resuming from standby"?
    You will find this in the mp configuration/general/startup and resume settings.

Cheers,

Rico

chris_074msn

September 16, 2012
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thanks Rico, yep, got that checked but still no luck. I set mpstartit to TV, live TV and hit OK, when I go straight back in it is set back to Home.

I've tried rebooting after making the change and toggling the "show last active module when resuming from standby" option.

It might be worth a mention that this is a machine recently upgraded to Windows 8 with a fresh install of MP 1.3 Alpha. I also tried earlier versions of MP startit before stumbling across this version.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Arena

Portal Member
    November 19, 2011
    Same problem described by Chris and mwagenknecht. MPStartIt plugin resets itself always to "Home" in the config panel. I'm using 1.3RC!

I found a section in MediaPortal.xml:

<section name="MPStartIt"> <entry name="idToStart">0</entry> <entry name="parentId">-1</entry> </section>

Can anyone tell the ID of TVGuide screen and FullscreenTV? Maybe I can manually edit the xml file.

Last edited:

tony3ridge

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 1, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Same problem described by Chris and mwagenknecht. MPStartIt plugin resets itself always to "Home" in the config panel. I'm using 1.3RC!

I found a section in MediaPortal.xml:

<section name="MPStartIt"> <entry name="idToStart">0</entry> <entry name="parentId">-1</entry> </section>

Can anyone tell the ID of TVGuide screen and FullscreenTV? Maybe I can manually edit the xml file.

Hi ID for TVGuide is 600,ID for TV Homescreen is 1.Hope that helps:)

Arena

Portal Member
    November 19, 2011
    Thanks Tony! I try out and report back.

Edit:
    Excellent... it works! Just change 0 to 1 for fullscreen tv or 600 for tv guide. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom