MPStreamRipper beta (1 Viewer)

boein

Portal Member
May 1, 2006
Hi all,

Finally got Mpstreamripper working on MP1.2. For those who don't know what this plugin does, it's a small frontend that uses streamripper (known plugin in winamp) to rip MP3's from an internet live-audio stream. It works well with radiotime, just tune in to your favourite radio-channel go back to the menu and start MP streamripper, you'll be able to start recording the audiostream. The output will be one large MP3-file or seperate files if the radiostation provides song and author (mpstreamripper will use that info and be able to cut the audio-stream in different MP3's).

Usage:

When you use the plugin it will create the Radiostation on the left side of the screen, in the background the streamripper will be started and convert the stream to mp3 files, if you click on the radiostation again, mp3 streams already created will appear on the right side.

The streamripper application has a nice extra, it tries to cut the stream into seperate files, the files will be listed by the plugin when you click on the Radiostation. From this list you can select and play your recordings.

This is my first attempt to create an MP plugin so use at own risk ;-)

* INSTALLATION NOTE*

If the download downloads as .zip just rename to .mpe1

The plugin expects that your skin directory is:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP

and the location for the plugin:

C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows

* NOTE ON THE RIPPED MP3's *

The ripped mp3's can be found in c:\temp\[name of radio station]\

keep in mind that mp3's will only appear when streamripper detects a start and an end of a song (i.e. song name changes or there's a silence in the stream), for best result choose radio stations that also "broadcast the name of the song").

If streamripper can't detect the begin/end of the song the song will remain in
c:\temp\[name of radio station]\incomplete

If no song name is broadcast the song will become one large mp3, and might be overwritten at the next recording.

If streamripper detects the begin/end of the song it will be moved to
c:\temp\[name of radio station]\
an update of the list in MP will happen when you click on the radio channel name (left part) or when you exit and re-enter the streamripper plugin (you don't have to end your recording).
If an mp3 already exists and it's being ripped again streamripper will append a number, the original will not be overwritten.

You can find the plugin in the 'radio'-downloads section
Enjoy

Boein

biohazardxxx

Portal Pro
August 5, 2010
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: MPStreamRipper beta

Hi,
Great plugIn! :D
Searched some time for something like this since recording in SHoutcastDirectory doesn't work.
But sadly I could not get this plugin to work because I'm not using StreamedMP skin :-(
Could this be changed please?!

Some other proposals for the next version:
It would be nice if the path of Streamripper and the path to record could be specified.
Otherwise the plugin will not get any aceptance in my opinion. :sorry:

Anyway, please keep the work up I think there is a big potencial.

regards
-Bio

boein

Portal Member
May 1, 2006
Re: AW: MPStreamRipper beta

Hi,
Great plugIn! :D
Searched some time for something like this since recording in SHoutcastDirectory doesn't work.
But sadly I could not get this plugin to work because I'm not using StreamedMP skin :-(
Could this be changed please?!

Some other proposals for the next version:
It would be nice if the path of Streamripper and the path to record could be specified.
Otherwise the plugin will not get any aceptance in my opinion. :sorry:

Anyway, please keep the work up I think there is a big potencial.

regards
-Bio

Hi there,

thanks for the feedback. The plugin is created to work with the streamedmp skin (my favourite), but if you copy the proper xml to your skin directory it should also work.
Try this: search for the mpstreamripper.xml file normally it should be located in c:\programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\streamedmp (windows 7) or c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\StreamedMP (windows XP) (I think my plugin will create this directory even if you have not installed the streamedmp-skin)
Copy the mpstreamripper.xml file to the directory of your skin c:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\<YOUR SKIN> or c:\programdata\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\skin\<YOUR SKIN> That should be all, if you're lucky all headers should be more or less on the right place.
Maybe I'll enhance this plugin in the future, being able to select the output path, include cmd-line streamripper using the gui, but for the moment I'm quite happy the way it works and almost ripped all the songs I needed from my favourite radio-channel ;-)

regards,
Boein

Zee2012

April 12, 2012
Home Country
Hungary Hungary
Hi, my question is: how did you give Radiotime stream link to streamripper? I am asking because I use stream ripper on an Asus Wl500GP router to record radio streams to mp3 (I have created a web page for calling ripper by parameters like host, port length) It works well if a stream can be downloaded from a simple url like http://example.com:80 but does not work if after the host some parameter should be given. It would not be so important TedTalks is available in Tunein and I could pick the stream link from the site. I don't want to listen stupd music stations but it would be very useful to imporve my English. During driving I listen recorded stations in my car evrery day. Here is tedtalks link I have found: http://stream.radiotime.com/listen....dPXF9DRGwRGgMnHUgNEQcUCXRqGAVEBUAFV1pYYAE=~~~
Do you have any idea how should I use stream ripper? Thanks in advance, Zoltan

boein

Portal Member
May 1, 2006
Hi Zoltan,
If radiotime in MP is playing the stream the address that is given is http://ted-ice.streamguys.net:80/tedtalks maybe if you provide this url it might work. I don't know if this url is static or not, for me it's just one of the variables I read from mediaportal and pass as a parameter to streamripper.

Good luck
Boein

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom