MPtray and focus issue (1 Viewer)

Cybertex

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Milano
Home Country
Italy Italy
I used to have problems loosing the numeric keys on my remote (all the other buttons still worked). After installing your mod this problem seems to be gone. But I still have the splash screen issue when launching MP with "green button".

Hmm, I don't have the splash screen problem with my mod, but perhaps that has something to do with the fact that I have set my MP to be "Always on top".

Me too, no splashscreen problem with the MOD, but constantly loosing focus (nevertheless the setting "always on top"). Give a try to the original Mptray...

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well if you do please share, we have been talking for ages about incorporating MPTray into MP core distribution, so any improvements within the code would be appreciated.

So I managed to fix the issues with MPTrayMod:
1) My MediaPortal no longer loses focus no matter how many times I press the "Start"/Green button on my remote and play all kinds of video. Keyboard and remote input continues to work flawlessly. I also always have my MediaPortal configured to "Always on top".
2) Splash screen now appears as it should when MediaPortal is launched using the "Start"/Green button.

Attached are the binary and modified source files (I updated the solution and project files to Visual Studio 2008).

Hi damaster, good to hear you narrowed down the problem. But, have you tried MPTray (not the MOD version)? I experienced same problems as yours using MPTrayMod, while MPTray always works well.

Let's not confuse MPTray and MPTrayMod please:
- MPTray (the original) was intended only to launch MP when the green/Start MCE remote button is pressed.
- MPTrayMod does the same thing MPTray does but with one enhancement: it gives focus back to MP when the green/Start MCE remote button is pressed.

My system requires the re-focus functionality, for example when I launch PowerDVD and return to MP, etc. Therefore, MPTray is not a viable option for me, and that's why I'm using MPTrayMod. However, MPTrayMod seems to have had this hidden bug in it from the get-go where it attempts to re-launch the MediaPortal process even tho it's already running. This re-launching causes the focus loss (not to mention wastes some system cycles).

My patch to MPTrayMod fixes that bug and works great for me :)

damaster

Portal Pro
November 23, 2007
Home Country
Canada Canada
Anyone tried this on Vista SP2? Seems to have no effect, still loads mediacenter...

M.

I haven't tried it on SP2, but have you killed ehtray.exe? Check your Task Manager and the list of processes running. If ehtray.exe is running then that's your problem. You should kill it, remove it from start-up processes (using MsConfig) and rename the ehtray.exe file to something else so it doesn't start ever again (you need to take ownership to rename the file, see here: Take Ownership of file - Vista Forums).

cavarks

Portal Member
January 1, 2009
Home Country
the ehtray is called from ~Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\

It appears to also be refered to several times within .NETFramework\Policy... & CurrentVersion\Diagnostics ...

I might take an image of the HDD before removing some of this stuff..

Thanks for that.

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom