MPTray opens MP in background (1 Viewer)

SimplyC

Portal Member
September 13, 2009
Hi, great piece of kit this MP. Just trying to get back into it after a couple of years

One annoyance though - my HTPC Boots up MP fine on the press of the green button remote, except it's not active - meaning I can still see the taskbar and my remote control presses dont control MP. This mean I have to get my keyboard, click MP, and then everything works fine.

Any ideas?

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi there,

So you are saying MePo does not have focus when you press the Green button and it launches?

J.

SimplyC

Portal Member
    September 13, 2009
    Bump

Can anyone help on this. It's a real pain.

To summarise again, when I press the green button on the mce remote, MePO opens, but in the background. Any open applications or even just the task bar stay active. I need to click on the menu with the mouse to make MePO active:confused:

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    or search for "MPTray Mod".
    Thats what we included in MP. ;)

I can not confirm that focus issue here. But the easiest way around it is to use the "always on top" feature of MediaPortal.
    That will also help with the issue of some "update popups" (i.e. flash, quicktime, etc.) jump into the foreground and steal focus. ;)

vinch100

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 21, 2006
    Home Country
    Switzerland Switzerland

Oops, sorry :p

The problem with "Always on top" is when you try to launch another application (I often use Firefox in fullscreen or Ultrastar DX as a karaoke player, using Multishortcut Plugin) : sometimes it works, sometimes the opened application remains behind.

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria

Oops, sorry :p

The problem with "Always on top" is when you try to launch another application (I often use Firefox in fullscreen or Ultrastar DX as a karaoke player, using Multishortcut Plugin) : sometimes it works, sometimes the opened application remains behind.
    one of our team members recently told me that he uses something called "powermenu" to control the always on top.
    Never used it. But if you have time, you might want to try that out. :)

hafblade

Portal Pro
    January 19, 2011
    Trier, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    For using a browser together with "Always on top" there are 2 solutions:

1) Use the "Browse the web" - plugin instead ;)
    2) Start Firefox by using a plugin which minimises MediaPortal (like i.e. MyEmulators or something like that)

:)

I also had the problem with MP tray that he sometimes hadn't the focus.
    Before using "Always on top" I always pressed the green button two times and that MediaPortal has the focus.
    I hope this helps :)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom