MPTV search for specific channel (1 Viewer)

e123enitan

December 16, 2014
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi I am trying to tune the MPTV to search for specific channels,
these are channels that I currently watched on DVB box,
but on the MPTV I am not sure how to change the settings to populate this,
I have ready the manual "Scanning a single transponders"and
varied the setting but as many times that I changed the settings,
channels in these rage never seems to add to the current list of channels

Below are are the specifications of missing Channels
Satellite=97w Galaxy 19/Ku
Frequency=11898
Symbol Rate=2200
Polarity=Vertical
VPID=0656
APID=0657
PPID=0656

Below screen is my current setting which populate some channels
upload_2014-12-23_15-12-2.png
Pls advice what I need to change to populate request channels.

Thanks

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again :)

Below are are the specifications of missing Channels
    Satellite=97w Galaxy 19/Ku
    Frequency=11898
    Symbol Rate=2200
    Polarity=Vertical
    VPID=0656
    APID=0657
    PPID=0656

Pls advice what I need to change to populate request channels.

Okay, two things before I directly answer your question.
    First:
    Below screen is my current setting which populate some channels

Your screenshot shows that you have the LNB override settings enabled. Do not enable those settings unless you know what you are doing (!!!). Settings of { 0, 0, 0 } are entirely wrong. Unless you've changed your LNB since your previous thread last week, I strongly advise you to use the "Circular" band setting that was previously recommended to you. Even for single transponder scans.

Second: single transponder scanning is intended for experts. It should not be needed by most people. If channels or transponders change on the satellite that you receive, then I recommend you click "update satellite list" to download the latest list of transponders from our website, then do a full "predefined provider" (non-advanced) scan.

If you insist that you want to do a single transponder scan then I can only explain what to do by example. First thing I do if I want to do a single transponder scan is to lookup the parameters on either kingofsat or lyngsat. KingOfSat has more detail, but unfortunately their satellite directory does not cover the satellites in some parts of the world (like NZ, Australia and USA - where you and I live). So in this case I would go to lyngsat.

The page for 97W on Lyngsat is here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/Galaxy-19.html

The transponder detail for the transponder you're referring to is here:
    upload_2014-12-24_12-35-11.png

You can see this by the "11898 V", which matches the frequency and polarisation/polarity (vertical) of the transponder you quoted.

From the above screenshot you can get all the parameters you need.
    frequency = 11898000 kHz (from the "11898" on the left)
    symbol rate = 22000 ks/s (from the "22000-3/4" at the top/right-ish)
    polarisation = vertical (from the "V" on the left)
    modulation = not set (from the fact that this is a DVB-S transponder, which you can tell from "DVB-S" at top centre; if it were a DVB-S2 transponder it would say "DVB-S2" instead of "DVB-S", and the "22000-3/4" would have either "QPSK" or "8PSK" below it... so you would select either QPSK or 8 PSK)
    inner FEC rate = 3/4 (from the "22000-3/4" at the top/right-ish)
    pilot = not set (from the fact that this is a DVB-S transponder; for DVB-S2 use "on" in most cases)
    roll-off = not set (from the fact that this is a DVB-S transponder; for DVB-S2 use "0.35" in most cases)

So, now if there is a next time you should be able to figure this out by yourself, right? :)

e123enitan

December 16, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks for your swift response & appreciate your appreciate expert knowledge, as you have deduced, I am entirely new to the MP, I have tried withing limited know how to figure things out by referencing to the manual obviously one still need a holding hands, that being said, I will your guideline and keep you posted, I will tried not bother you on Xmas day :)

Cheers
    [DOUBLEPOST=1419381811][/DOUBLEPOST]Thanks for this link, I begin to understand little bit of how MPTV settings correspond to those on Lyngsat web page;)
    The page for 97W on Lyngsat is here:
    http://www.lyngsat.com/Galaxy-19.html

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom