MSN Messenger Plugin (1 Viewer)

f00t

January 5, 2006
Hello, i've tried the MSN Messnger plugin, but it won't work. I can login etc etc, but if i want to view my list, or after chatting for a few moments my screen went black, and on the bottom right i still see the remote control view thing (with the numbers). I've tried to install .NET 1.1 and then 2.0.someting :). Sometimes it went black, sometimes it gives an Fatal Error. Aswell windowed as fullscreen.

DirectX 9c is installed

Regards Sjoerd

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I can verify that the MSN Messenger plugin is buggy. In fact, I can never get a sentence or two into a conversation without it crashing or freezing MediaPortal. It is no big deal to me, as I have no great desire to use it, but it doesn't seem stable enough to use, at least for me.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
Not as far as I know. I could just have it set up wrong, or not have something installed, I guess.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
That seems to be fairly universal. I don't think the MSN plugin is considered a priority for development (and I don't think it really should be) so I doubt a fix is going to be seen any time soon.

f00t

January 5, 2006
Ok, i think it is an priority because i want to stay in contact, but if it won't be a priority maybe i can try to make a plugin :)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I think what Jawbroken means is that the devs are busy with the more prominent aspects of MP, such as music, TV etc.

If you are interested in working on the MP plugin go for it. Plugins are a good way to make lots of people happy and get some good experience.

I would also recommend trying to contact the original writer to see if they have any info or tips for you.

I do like the plugin and would be very happy if you can improve on it.

Cheers,

Marcus.

Fidoboy

Portal Pro
    April 27, 2006
    Spain
    There is a official thread for MSN Messenger plugin? I want to suggest a new feature, it could be great to have a customizable list of phrases to use when chatting with contacts...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom