Multi-AV out cards in one MP server (1 Viewer)

ikoonman

August 5, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
Hi

Sorry for the post - it may have been asked previously.

I've been playing around with MP and was wondering if it's possible to connect multiple tv's to one MP installation and have each access media independantly from another. I suppose if I had a PC for each TV, I could use the server option, but I have 4 tv's and only 1 pc.

Any advice would be appreciated,
:D

jburnette

Portal Pro
August 24, 2006
Kentucky
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I think there's a couple of problems with doing this. One obviously is that you would have to have 4 instances of MP running, something that I don't think MP allows to happen (though I suppose you could get around that). Then you have the problem of only the primary display being hardware accelerated so the other 3 instances would all tax your processor VERY heavily (that is, assuming you got 4 open at once). I'm sure there's probably more problems than these.

A good alternative might be looking into those UPNP boxes. There's a plugin I believe that allows those to access and I think even stream live TV if you use TVE3. They cost about $100 a piece. Just a suggestion.

ikoonman

August 5, 2007
Home Country
Ireland Ireland
I think there's a couple of problems with doing this. One obviously is that you would have to have 4 instances of MP running, something that I don't think MP allows to happen (though I suppose you could get around that). Then you have the problem of only the primary display being hardware accelerated so the other 3 instances would all tax your processor VERY heavily (that is, assuming you got 4 open at once). I'm sure there's probably more problems than these.

A good alternative might be looking into those UPNP boxes. There's a plugin I believe that allows those to access and I think even stream live TV if you use TVE3. They cost about $100 a piece. Just a suggestion.

I was worried you were going to say something like that ;)

Thanks, I'll look it up.

Are there other products that can do what I need?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom