multilingual (other iso) (1 Viewer)

A

Anonymous

Hi,

I want to thank everyone involved with Media Portal.

I’m Czech, and I need use iso-8859-2 coding, but I have a problem with Czech characters.

Example: weather – počasí

I adapt code, and all it’s OK. This solution maybe helps other languages. (Polish, Slovak, Russian, )

guilib

---------------------

LocalizeString.cs

Code:
Ln 14:   add                  internal static int characters = 255;

Ln 48:   add                  characters = iChars;

GUIFont.cs

Code:
Ln 23:   change             private int _EndCharacter = GUILocalizeStrings.characters;

Dialogs

---------------------

VirtualKeyboard.cs

Code:
Ln 471: change             m_FontButtons=new GUIFont ("font24", "Arial", 24, FontStyle.Bold);

VirtualSearchKeyboard.cs

Code:
Ln 510: change             m_FontButtons=new GUIFont ("font24", "Arial", 24, FontStyle.Bold);

Used font 'dingbats' isn't usable for another iso like iso-8859-2

Can you use this code in MP?

Changes:
http://www.bubasoft.net/mp/language/changes.zip
Czech.:
http://www.bubasoft.net/mp/language/czech.zip
Russian:
http://www.bubasoft.net/mp/language/russian.zip

elem

Portal Member
November 10, 2004
Poland
edit/ its coll idea and i would make polish translation much quicker and someone who whant to change default language don't have to change "fonts.xml" files in everyone styles
hey all if u whant to make MP verry popular u must :) do this:)

elem

Portal Member
November 10, 2004
Poland
hey i don't whant to order u this you misunderstood my reply.
I just wanna help.
If u don't whant my help... so tell me this and make an application for 7 countries. I don't understand that u don't whanna do something to make your app more internetional and popular..but i'm maybe only stupid Polish and i don't understand than MPs is ONLY for some countries

mama

Portal Pro
May 31, 2004
Germany
Hohoho, calm down! MrMario simply doesn´t like such "you must" posts. He, frodo and some more spend allmost all their spare free time to bring MP to you for no money. The only thing he wants is a simple "can you please". I think this is a very cheap price for this great software. ;)

Mario, I think he didn´t want to be like you maybe felt he was. Look at the smily he posted behind his "must". ;)

elem

Portal Member
November 10, 2004
Poland
thanx....

i know that they r maiking this all the time and I apriciate this..but i said i whant to help them not disturb them... :cry:

and i offer him in pm this "is it posible and talk to him normally and now im going here and saw something like that...

And 1 more thing "Mario, I think he didn´t want to be like you maybe felt he was." what this supposed to mean ..?

Don_Szturchen

Portal Member
June 6, 2006
Home Country
Poland Poland
the easiest solution is to switch coding to unicode.
i'm working right now on polish translation (nearly finished) and it works OK

you just need to change this line:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-2"?

so it looks like that:

?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?

and the problem is solved.

by the way, elem or anyone else who wants to test my translation please let me know by PM or post a message.

Regards

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom